Prospect Info: Joel Armia

Status
Not open for further replies.

stimpsoncat

Jan 5, 2014
I'm pretty confident Armia will have at least 5 points at the end of the season, he is on a good pace with 2 goals and 1 assist in 21 games, two points to go with lots of games left!:sarcasm:

Armia's been given a chance with better players, it's not like he was buried on the 4th line like some other guys. There is just something lacking in Armia's game.

Agree, his game definitely lacks the stone hands and low hockey IQ of his fellow bottom 6 linemates. He also lacks the grit, glue and jam that make guys like Thorburn, Peluso and Stuart so good and permanent fixtures on this team. One can only hope the coaches can work the great vision and soft hands out of his game. :sarcasm:

Seriously though, I think we would all like to see some production from him. It looks like he should be a good complementary scorer with his skill set. Hopefully patience will pay off and he will start picking up some points here on out.

Last edited:

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Don't get me wrong, there clearly is talent there. Mostly commenting on how he replaces Ladd/ slots in top 6 while being on like a 12 pt/yr pace.

Can't argue with stats. But I truly believe the games when he played with Perreault and Ehlers he showed signs of being more of a .5 PPG player. Right now a 40pt Armia would change a few of our losses to W's.

Anyone expecting Armia to put up points playing with Copp and Thor are being a bit optimistic.

I think if he played 20 games with some decently skilled players he would have a good chance to notch some points.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Can't argue with stats. But I truly believe the games when he played with Perreault and Ehlers he showed signs of being more of a .5 PPG player. Right now a 40pt Armia would change a few of our losses to W's.

Anyone expecting Armia to put up points playing with Copp and Thor are being a bit optimistic.

I think if he played 20 games with some decently skilled players he would have a good chance to notch some points.

I agree. I would certainly like to see it.

For those who are saying that playing with Lowry should be enough to score goals....... not this year.

I think you have to match abilities. Armia made quite a few nice plays last game, but alas there was no one to be found in the areas that they should be.

ellismate

Jun 9, 2015
SK
Yes, I agree. We are 1 or 2 players away from having 3 really talented lines and moving some players to the 4th line where they should be and some out of the lineup completely where they should be.

I'm starting really see great things from Armia. He needs to continue to bust his ass this year and see some more competent linemates next year.
Agreed on all points. Hoping to see the kid with lemieux, petan or Connor next season. Unfortunately we don't have an NHL ready centerman with offensive talent for that line that we know of yet. It also might be a little psychotic to have a third line with that little experience

Stavros

Nov 30, 2015
I dont think he has been expected to put up many points as he has had 20sec pp time per game, Petan got four times more during his stint.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Armia looks like a clone of Antti Miettinen for all it's worth.

He's a rookie in the NHL. Not all of these guys emerge like they're the second coming of Gretzky, and given Maurice's propensity to push rooks to play a defense first game, the transition to scoring can take a while. I like what I see in him (and I certainly don't see Miettinen in his play), so I'll be patient.

If he pans out, this is good for the Jets. That's positive.

And with that, we're at the post limit for this thread - continue here: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2026823

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad