Player Discussion Joel Armia turnaround year?

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
People have to stop with this. He wasn't going to retain on Anderson for 3 years and have no retained spots left unless it was a huge offer. It would have to be 2 1sts value. And there was no rush at that point and no reason to suspect Anderson wouldn't have at least another decent season or two. And I highly doubt even one 1st was offered.
The best Columbus could do was a struggling 25 years old Domi with only one good season in the NHL. When KH was named Anderson was worth less than what he was worth in Columbus because of age, contract and performance. I agree with you i doubt even a 1st was offered. Winning team surely did not want this contract and losing team would not have offered a 1st for him. He's been overrated by our fan base for a while he's never been really good.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
And you know this how? Therapy for sure helps, but getting demoted lights a fire. I'd love to get demoted. Get may a*s off this couch, lol.
Armia mentioned it to the press and Radio-Canada had an articles a few days ago about it and his newfound confidences (and what was the issues mentally before consulting). Getting demoted might have pushed him to consult thought.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
The best Columbus could do was a struggling 25 years old Domi with only one good season in the NHL. When KH was named Anderson was worth less than what he was worth in Columbus because of age, contract and performance. I agree with you i doubt even a 1st was offered. Winning team surely did not want this contract and losing team would not have offered a 1st for him. He's been overrated by our fan base for a while he's never been really good.
Agreed but there may have been GM's out there who overrated him because of his size.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
We are also playing against teams who are either sure to make or miss the playoffs. I would not read too much into end of season performances like that. Anderson, RHP and Belzile were all outstanding at the end of last

I never doubted his game. It translates well against all types of teams if he's on top of his game.

Consistency and health were the two big drawbacks.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
This is Joel Armia. Though I don't remember him for that extent period of time but....this is a period with no stress, nothing to play for so....I reserve my right to judgment. I'd be surprise though if he FINALLY gets it.

But we were told that he's now working with a psychologist......so.....we never know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad