Recalled/Assigned: JJ gets his shot; Lander sent back down

NAF

Beauty Fakes
Sep 30, 2010
Last edited by a moderator:

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
1 A. The other was taken away, even though I'd honestly argue that he had as much to do with that goal than the on the final score sheet.

I guess the 1:40 per period (1st and 2nd, benched un the 3rd) was telling. I didn't see this game but I honestly don't think he was bad in the two games since coming back. Don't really know why they called him back for such a short time.

Last edited:

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Pretty sure they did this just to protect Lander from waivers. He didn't look half bad in the small amount of time he played since the call up.

Hemsky4PM

Jun 25, 2003
Billeting Ales
Visit site
So they're burying Lander in the minors in the hopes that he Oilers make the playoffs and can recall him then?

Whatever. Todd isn't a Lander guy. I thought Lander was one of the few players outside the top line who actually showed up against the Senators (I was at the game).

JJ has a chance to be an NHL player and is a good skater. Give him a shot on the 4th line. Find out where he fits longer term.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Nice. Excited to see what Khaira can bring. Produced well in Bakersfield this year. Feel bad for Lander though.

sandhu111

Mar 17, 2008
Edmonton, AB
Excited to see how he does, pretty good year in bakersfield so far.
Just on a personal side being a Sikh it is cool to see someone from the same cultural background trying to make the NHL since there isn't a lot of them.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I remember him looking great with RNH.

I wouldn't mind seeing him on a skilled line's wing.

It looks like Chia might be done with the evaluation phase, so maybe Pouliot and Hendricks get the boot sooner than later.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Excited for JJ.

One of my favourite prospects. He's shown fantastic growth as a player.

14-15 .20 points per game
15-16 .55 points per game
16-17 .75 points per game

I've only seen 2 games with him this season in the AHL, and what I saw I was really happy with.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
A team with an identity - grit and size - dumps Lander... Woot!

JJ fits better.

Agreed, he brings good size and physical play. Can't wait to see him get a look on the 4th line.

Excited for JJ.

One of my favourite prospects. He's shown fantastic growth as a player.

14-15 .20 points per game
15-16 .55 points per game
16-17 .75 points per game

I've only seen 2 games with him this season in the AHL, and what I saw I was really happy with.

I really like JJ as well, guy plays with that edge you want on the 4th line. Add in that he's 6'4 215ish, it goes more and more towards the type of team we're building.

He'll be motivated to come in and prove himself, I'm sure he wants to stay up for good.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Glad Lander got some pizza money at least so he can hang out with Pulju.

Oh wait, nvm, he's on a 1 way deal.

It's JJ that needs some pizza money.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I remember him looking great with RNH.

I wouldn't mind seeing him on a skilled line's wing.

It looks like Chia might be done with the evaluation phase, so maybe Pouliot and Hendricks get the boot sooner than later.

Yeah I hope to see him in the top9 at the very least. From what I've seen Khaira does well when playing with skilled guys. Maybe start him off on a 3rd line with Poo and Caggs and if he does well you could try him on the 2nd line instead of Eberle maybe.

oljimmy

May 9, 2013
He showed questionable hockey sense at times last year but I love his passion and you have to make moves like this during the season. If only because everyone on the 4th line has to know that their job isn't safe. It's how you motivate those types of players when the team is starting to sag.

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
A team with an identity - grit and size - dumps Lander... Woot!

JJ fits better.

A team that also struggles on face offs and the failure to clear the zone on penalty kills. Both of which Lander are proficient at.
Nothing against JJ, I've liked him since he was drafted, but it is hard to necessarily see how he is a naturally better fit than Lander, to be honest. Again, I like him a bunch, but really what we need is a better Lander over another JJ type of player.

Asiaoil

Vperod Bizona!
May 3, 2002
Visit site
Not sure why they felt the need to send Lander down (we only have 22 guys on the active roster) or even call him up since they never really took advantage of his strengths (FO and PK). Pretty much continues the trend in WTF decisions on player usage this season. Good to see Khaira get a shot but making Lander pay for Hendricks being washed up is kind of lame.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Not sure why they felt the need to send Lander down (we only have 22 guys on the active roster) or even call him up since they never really took advantage of his strengths (FO and PK). Pretty much continues the trend in WTF decisions on player usage this season. Good to see Khaira get a shot but making Lander pay for Hendricks being washed up is kind of lame.

If Lander stayed up for more than thirty days he'd have to clear waivers again.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Maroon-McDavid-Draisailt
Lucic-RNH-Eberle
Khaira-Letestu-Kassian
Pouliot-Caggiula-Slepy

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany

Might as well let him(Lander) see game action vs. sitting in the PB. He's on a 1 way deal, so it's not like it effecting his wallet being sent down. Plus it's a boost to Bakersfield which doesnt really have a deep offence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad