News Article: Jiri Hudler named NHL's second star of the month

May 27, 2012
Earth
Who cares? Besides, Hammond was/is the reason why Ottawa was even in a playoff spot at one point. It's star of the month anyways, those don't have as much value as you think.

Nobody can name the stars of the month from last month or the month before, without searching it. The names go out one ear and out the other.

In the end, he is being recognized for his play. 1-3 is close anyways. They are interchangeable.

Last edited:

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
Of course Hammond was going to be first and undeniably deserved it. 10-1-1 and a 2.09 GAA. Easiest selection they'll have all year, only reason Ottawa is in the playoff hunt.

Hudler's lucky to be over Dubnyk, but it's close.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I hope Hudler is around for a very long time, he's a RW and an argument can easily be made that he's top 5 at his position for the entire league after this season. I also think given the style he plays that he's going to be effective well into his 30's.

St Wardo

Registered Prophet
Oct 16, 2013
New Brunswick
I hope Hudler is around for a very long time, he's a RW and an argument can easily be made that he's top 5 at his position for the entire league after this season. I also think given the style he plays that he's going to be effective well into his 30's.

Up until this year, I wasn't big on Hudler. For whatever reason, I never saw him as a 'core' guy, but man has my opinion changed. Not only how he performs on the ice, but how he acts off the ice (I always laugh at that gif of him delivering Johnny a pizza:laugh:). Reminds me of Stajan; a veteran guy who can keep things light and funny. I hope he's around for awhile.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Of course Hammond was going to be first and undeniably deserved it. 10-1-1 and a 2.09 GAA. Easiest selection they'll have all year, only reason Ottawa is in the playoff hunt.

Hudler's lucky to be over Dubnyk, but it's close.

What?

Calgary wouldn't have had the month of March they did if it wasn't for Jiri. How many points was he ahead of the 2nd place point-getter?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad