Injury Report: Jimmy Garoppolo broke his foot but could be back in 7-8 weeks

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Yep and that’s the season. Purdy definitely gained confidence throughout the game but he’s not great

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Damn, dude.

I’m a believer in Purdy though as a serviceable guy.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
He has some of the worst luck. In the morning we get reports that both him and the Niners are open to a new contract that brings him back next season and then he suffers yet another injury.

Reactions: Gecklund

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Is there some injury voodoo that 49ers QB's must suffer in order to pay for the 80's and 90's titles or something?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I want to say he's played his last game as a 49er but Lance hasn't shown much and their obviously trying to contend so this off season will be interesting.

Reactions: Gecklund

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
I want to say he's played his last game as a 49er but Lance hasn't shown much and their obviously trying to contend so this off season will be interesting.
He's not returning. No way is he going to do that unless they dramatically overpay.
Steve Young made the same deal with the devil that Jimmy Page did
seems possible

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Brady?
Would it be that crazy?

Brutal for Jimmy and SF.
That’s one helluva roster build to win now

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
Brady?
Would it be that crazy?

Brutal for Jimmy and SF.
No, it wouldn't be that crazy.

Him going out as the QB for the team that he grew up idolizing, when they are close to a SB contender, is logical. He's old as shit but who knows.

I do think they give Lance a try but who better to absorb from than Brady?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
No, it wouldn't be that crazy.

Him going out as the QB for the team that he grew up idolizing, when they are close to a SB contender, is logical. He's old as shit but who knows.

I do think they give Lance a try but who better to absorb from than Brady?

Tampas problem is run game and half the Oline is injured.
He can still throw the ball and I’d say an upgrade on Jimmy.

Wouldn’t also go there to chase money so they could keep the depth.

If Jimmy walks it’s basically match made in heaven for both teams

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Tampas problem is run game and half the Oline is injured.
He can still throw the ball and I’d say an upgrade on Jimmy.

Wouldn’t also go there to chase money so they could keep the depth.

If Jimmy walks it’s basically match made in heaven for both teams
So long as SF has a solid OL. TB had injuries on the OL this season, so their depth was challenged. The couple of 3rd round comp picks, SF probably needs to add at least 1 OL for depth purposes as I don't think their RT McGlinchey is coming back after his 5th year option this season.

As for the remainder of the season, up to the OL and Run game now to protect Purdy and not put that much pressure on him. And unfortunately for SF, they still have a TNF game to play and it's vs divisional rival Seattle in Seattle in a loud stadium, so he's going to have virtually no practice time to get ready for the Hawks after his first start this upcoming weekend.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Brady?
Would it be that crazy?

Brutal for Jimmy and SF.

Its a bit of a perfect storm with Jimmy G hurt/comin off the books and Lance not really being that impressive.

Especially with his mom not doing well.... if shes still around next season it would be great for her to see it happen.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Honestly doable if you're the Niners. Their schedule down the stretch is pretty easy (Bucs/Cardinals/Commies/Seahawks/Raiders) where you can easily win 3 of those games just off the back of your defense alone. And then given they're basically locked into the three seed if they can hold off Seattle they can easily beat the Giants or Commanders in a playoff game without Jimmy. After that it gets complicated though.

Shanahan is also one of the guys i would trust most trying to smoke and mirrors his way through games with a backup QB and a bunch of really good weapons.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Honestly doable if you're the Niners. Their schedule down the stretch is pretty easy (Bucs/Cardinals/Commies/Seahawks/Raiders) where you can easily win 3 of those games just off the back of your defense alone. And then given they're basically locked into the three seed if they can hold off Seattle they can easily beat the Giants or Commanders in a playoff game without Jimmy. After that it gets complicated though.

Shanahan is also one of the guys i would trust most trying to smoke and mirrors his way through games with a backup QB and a bunch of really good weapons.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he could return even quicker than that estimation.

This is the NFL where the recovery time is like 10x faster than the normal persons.
+ It’s simple the playoffs

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

The key game for the division for SF is the Seattle game when it comes to the division. SF a game up and held serve at home. The next matchup is in Seattle. Before that game Seattle takes on Carolina while SF gets TB.

For the sake of argument if Seattle is able to defeat SF then they would be tied again for the division lead.

Seattle still has to play KC, so that is likely a loss. Before they finish up afterwards with NYJ and LAR.

Right now in common games (and assuming Sea beats SF on TNF), their common opponents record breaks down as follows:

Division - both are 3-0 vs AZ and LAR
NFC South - Seattle is 0-3 while SF is 1-2
AFC West - Seattle is 2-1 while SF is 1-2
So, they would be tied.

The common opponents remaining would be the TB/AZ/LV for SF and for SEA would be CAR/LAR/KC.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
If they beat Seattle again they all they would have to do is win one more game at most to win the division based on the Seahawks schedule.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad