News Article: Jimmy D. : "Red Wings won't 'sit back' in attempt to rebuild"

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
So you would give up 4 first round picks (probably still top 10) and pay Laine 10+million?

We could offer 10 million for 5 years and pay 2 1sts a 2nd and a 3rd. That compensation is one extra 1st round pick then we received for Tatar. For a 20 year old who scores goals at an amazing rate. Winnipeg would obviously match an offer sheet making it a moot point, but I can’t believe people are arguing if he is worth it.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
I like laine but I wouldn't offer sheet him. Hes lazier than Mantha, though his shot is undeniable. His shot is the only redeeming quality that he has as a player. His a poor skater, has poor hands, low hockey IQ, zero physicality, zero hustle.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
so will Kyle Palmieri

should we give up four 1sts for him too?

I don't think this comment even deserves a response, but Palmieri is 28 years old not 20. He also does not have the track record of of scoring at a 0.5 GPG pace for 3 years between the age of 18-20. If your interested Nyquist has the same amount of points this year as Matthews does.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
We could offer 10 million for 5 years and pay 2 1sts a 2nd and a 3rd. That compensation is one extra 1st round pick then we received for Tatar. For a 20 year old who scores goals at an amazing rate. Winnipeg would obviously match an offer sheet making it a moot point, but I can’t believe people are arguing if he is worth it.
In general or for the Red Wings?

I'll argue he isn't for the Red Wings, whose pressing need is another C and #1D

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
In general or for the Red Wings?

I'll argue he isn't for the Red Wings, whose pressing need is another C and #1D

One of the best goal scorers in the world is not a need for Detroit? Detroit can also address one of those needs with a likely top 5 pick this year. Picks are so incredibly overrated on this site it’s absurd. 2 1st round picks for a 20 year old elite goal scorer and there are people arguing against it. Why do I feel like a lot of you would trade Larkin for a couple of picks?

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
One of the best goal scorers in the world is not a need for Detroit? Detroit can also address one of those needs with a likely top 5 pick this year. Picks are so incredibly overrated on this site it’s absurd. 2 1st round picks for a 20 year old elite goal scorer and there are people arguing against it. Why do I feel like a lot of you would trade Larkin for a couple of picks?
So you can only offer sheet wingers?

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
So you can only offer sheet wingers?

I love how everyone keeps responding with completely irrelevant replies. Illustrates the weakness of their argument. Please show me where I remotely alluded to the fact that only wingers can be tendered an offer sheet? My point is that Laine, the 20 year old kid with the 2nd most goals scored since he entered the league, is worth a pair of 1st round picks. Am I opposed to tendering an offer sheet to a center? Of course not. As opposed to most on this site, I would like the team to pursue any avenue that would help build a cup contender. Also, as I had previously mentioned, the team can use its 1st round pick this year on one of the many talented centers available.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
I love how everyone keeps responding with completely irrelevant replies. Illustrates the weakness of their argument. Please show me where I remotely alluded to the fact that only wingers can be tendered an offer sheet? My point is that Laine, the 20 year old kid with the 2nd most goals scored since he entered the league, is worth a pair of 1st round picks. Am I opposed to tendering an offer sheet to a center? Of course not. As opposed to most on this site, I would like the team to pursue any avenue that would help build a cup contender. Also, as I had previously mentioned, the team can use its 1st round pick this year on one of the many talented centers available.
I do suppose Zach Werenski and Auston Matthews (who is universally regarded as one of the best hockey players in the world) is irrelevant. You're right. That is all you're looking for anyways, isn't it?

I'd also check out the 2020 prospects too. Have a good night.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
I do suppose Zach Werenski and Auston Matthews (who is universally regarded as one of the best hockey players in the world) is irrelevant. You're right. That is all you're looking for anyways, isn't it?

I'd also check out the 2020 prospects too. Have a good night.

This is rather pathetic, as I’ve said over and over I’m not at all opposed to tendering an offer sheet to other players. My only point is that Laine was worth the compensation. You and others are just making things up in your replies.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
This is rather pathetic, as I’ve said over and over I’m not at all opposed to tendering an offer sheet to other players. My only point is that Laine was worth the compensation. You and others are just making things up in your replies.
While Laine may very well be worth a pair of 1sts, the Jets would match and it would be pointless. And he's not worth 3-4 first round picks.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Because you heavily implied AA with the word either, which would make sense it was AA given your defense of him when he's called such. So don't pretend you weren't the one who brought him into this by implication.

Also, its not about being complete player, its that there are real questions if he even cares most nights on the ice, or if hockey is how he pays to play fortnite.
It's real easy to criticize professional hockey players from the couch huh? The "laziest" player in the NHL out works like 99.9% of the worlds population.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I like laine but I wouldn't offer sheet him. Hes lazier than Mantha, though his shot is undeniable. His shot is the only redeeming quality that he has as a player. His a poor skater, has poor hands, low hockey IQ, zero physicality, zero hustle.

Hah. Obviously you have watched him probably for the last 2 months.

Guy has some problems, but he is not that kind f player when he gets back on track again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad