Management Jim Montgomery

bp14

Mar 17, 2022
Faceoff story tonight means Beecher back in next game. Clearly Gryz should go back to his playoff press seat. I’d sit Maroon. He’s been fine but doesn’t do much. Shattenkirk (or anyone) for Gryz.

Have to get more from Zacha and Coyle.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Faceoff story tonight means Beecher back in next game. Clearly Gryz should go back to his playoff press seat. I’d sit Maroon. He’s been fine but doesn’t do much. Shattenkirk (or anyone) for Gryz.

Have to get more from Zacha and Coyle.

They're leaning too heavily on Maroon.

That almost feels a little Claude-ish and I'm disappointed we're seeing it under Montgomery.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

That almost feels a little Claude-ish and I'm disappointed we're seeing it under Montgomery.

On awful TD Garden ice he should be dressing his fastest forward group. Problem is, no matter what they'll end up with one of Maroon/JVR/Brazeau in the line-up.

What they dressed in their bottom six tonight might of actually been the slowest bottom six the NHL has seen this year, seriously.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

Indeed. Maroon is the safe option. But on the flip side selecting Gryz and mixing up the lines unnecessarily were not. Which suggests some muddled thinking on Monty's part. The players are scared of losing again, I think that's pretty apparent. But I strongly suspect the coach is too.

Probably the best thing he can do for G6 is keep it simple. Go with the lines that are tried and tested and have worked best over the course of the season, keep Sway in net, don't keep overusing a guy like Maroon just because it calms your jitters. Get the narrative away from the bench and just allow the players to go and take care of business on the ice. If they can't, well so be it. At least you can say you weren't a hindrance.

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
Indeed. Maroon is the safe option. But on the flip side selecting Gryz and mixing up the lines unnecessarily were not. Which suggests some muddled thinking on Monty's part. The players are scared of losing again, I think that's pretty apparent. But I strongly suspect the coach is too.

Probably the best thing he can do for G6 is keep it simple. Go with the lines that are tried and tested and have worked best over the course of the season, keep Sway in net, don't keep overusing a guy like Maroon just because it calms your jitters. Get the narrative away from the bench and just allow the players to go and take care of business on the ice. If they can't, well so be it. At least you can say you weren't a hindrance.
If it's not broken, don't fix it! Just keep the lineup the same, and let them play, give their best effort every game, no excuses!

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Do we know that Shatty wasn't banged up? Strange choice to take him out for Gryz otherwise....Beecher and his FO skills need to be in tomorrow

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Unless Shattenkirk can't walk or handle the puck he should be in the lineup. I don't give a damn about his plus/minus, at this point he's a better option than Gryz plus the Bs need him to run the power play.

I love Justin Brazeau but there is no reason to put him in the lineup instead of Beecher. Brazeau should relieve Maroon if #61 needs to rest his back but otherwise he should be a Black Ace.

The only thing Monty got right was keeping Swayman in goal.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Unless Shattenkirk can't walk or handle the puck he should be in the lineup. I don't give a damn about his plus/minus, at this point he's a better option than Gryz plus the Bs need him to run the power play.

I love Justin Brazeau but there is no reason to put him in the lineup instead of Beecher. Brazeau should relieve Maroon if #61 needs to rest his back but otherwise he should be a Black Ace.

The only thing Monty got right was keeping Swayman in goal.

Shatty 5o5 has been so bad that they're basically only giving him ozone starts. You can't easily put that in Toronto without last change.

I'd say Forbort or Peeke (obviously if he's ready). Gryz and Shatty have been murderously bad.

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
Heinen Zacka Pasta
debrusk Coyle marchand
JVR geekie Frederic
lauko beecher Boquist

mcAvoy Lohrei
carlo Lindholm
Peake shattenkirk

swayman

this is what i would go with for game 6

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Pastrnak not having a good series?

Better put him with 19 different line combinations
Marchand, Zacha and Pasta STOP!! over passing shoot the fkn puck, look for rebounds, to many time's Zacha and Marchand are forcing passes to Pasta...........play the game let it come to him, you are making it easy for Toronto.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Shatty 5o5 has been so bad that they're basically only giving him ozone starts. You can't easily put that in Toronto without last change.

I'd say Forbort or Peeke (obviously if he's ready). Gryz and Shatty have been murderously bad.

Didn't think about that (last change). I'd prefer Peeke then if he's ready. Forbort hasn't played NHL hockey in months.

Reactions: Boston Bandit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad