Waived: Jhonas Enroth on waivers

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
I think my favorite part of this that there was a Leaf fan(s) that were calling Enroth the best signing of the year.

A) that never happened.

B) and if a few misguided "leafs fans" did call it that, he was the second most talented (based on stats) signing this summer.

Zaitsev
Enroth
Martin
Polak

Clearly it didn't work out after 4 games. One would think the disastrous avs rebuild would be a far greater worry for an avs fan than an enroth signing.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I don't understand. On the one hand, Babcock says people weren't giving Anderson enough time and then the back up gets four starts after signing a new contract and he's on waivers?

Well...I would think a little bit of context would help you here there is a pretty obvious difference between Andersen and Enroth and nobody should really need to explain that to you.

Poochie_D

Oct 31, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Well...I would think a little bit of context would help you here there is a pretty obvious difference between Andersen and Enroth and nobody should really need to explain that to you.

One is signed to a massive contract and the other is signed to a smaller (still pretty big considering what he is) contract? If four games isn't enough time for the starter the backup should get the same rope too. It's just dumb and doesn't make any sense to give up on anyone that fast.

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
And a good backup finds ways to get through that. His last game he let in the first two shots he faced.

I don't think Enroth is a good backup. Average at best. My comment wasn't about his abilities, it was how I thought he was set up to fail, mainly because I don't think Enroth was ever the guy they wanted. He was just a stopgap until their guy got healthy.

I really don't think its a coincidence that Enroth gets waived just before Ramo is reportedly about to get medically cleared to play. The same Ramo whose been working out in TO, and has even had a stall at the Mastercard Center.

And now, Ramo just signs to an AHL PTO with the Marlies today.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
I don't think Enroth is a good backup. Average at best. My comment wasn't about his abilities, it was how I thought he was set up to fail, mainly because I don't think Enroth was ever the guy they wanted. He was just a stopgap until their guy got healthy.

I really don't think its a coincidence that Enroth gets waived just before Ramo is reportedly about to get medically cleared to play. The same Ramo whose been working out in TO, and has even had a stall at the Mastercard Center.

And now, Ramo just signs to an AHL PTO with the Marlies today.

was the guy I thought the Oilers should've went after instead of Gustavsson...guess him being out for so long deterred that.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
One is signed to a massive contract and the other is signed to a smaller (still pretty big considering what he is) contract? If four games isn't enough time for the starter the backup should get the same rope too. It's just dumb and doesn't make any sense to give up on anyone that fast.

Yes...That massive contract is going to give that player a lot more rope then the expendable backup on a one year deal. Like this is a pretty normal thing, the Leafs have 25 million invested in Andersen and 750k in Enroth. So yes they are going to have a longer leash with the bigger investment because everyone would. Plus he was most likely only looking at 20 odd games this year. He is a backup goalie his job is to perform with little to no prep and with long gaps between starts if you can't do that you find a new one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad