Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Stars. Nov 2, 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupaTroupa

WHY NOT US?
Jan 8, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Both teams tied with 14 points. I think Stars got the easier 14 points while the Jets had to work really hard for their points.

Wow I just looked at their past games and you are right. I’d say we have definitely had tougher competition over all to date.

I think Dallas just just Laine needs to get his mojo back! A hat trick or two should help his confidence. :D

Babooch

Jan 7, 2014
I say don't get Benn and Seguin all riled up and send Ehlers out to skate circles around Klingberg and we should be ok.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Man i fear for helly in this game :)

True test

This will be slugfest

2nd line must bring it

AND THEY WILL!!

Win Win Win

Go jets go

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
This will be an interesting game. Benn-Seguin-Radulov is a line, and a dangerous one at that. They need to be contained in one way or another, or else we'll get lit up. Luckily, they lack all kinds of depth, especially with Hanzal out of the lineup. By no means will it be easy to get the W tonight, but we have what it takes, if the players pick up from where they left off against the Pens.

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
Hi all, long time lurker here. I'll just get this first post done with and give my view on the coming game.

If we can shut down or at least match the output of their first line with Seguin, Benn and Radulov, we should be able to pull off a win.
Our first line has been really strong, in which Connor seems to fit in well, our goaltending is strong and Laine is due to a new hattrick against his favorite team. I have a feeling that this will be a high scoring game – Jets win 5-3. Patty with the hatty!

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Hi all, long time lurker here. I'll just get this first post done with and give my view on the coming game.

If we can shut down or at least match the output of their first line with Seguin, Benn and Radulov, we should be able to pull off a win.
Our first line has been really strong, in which Connor seems to fit in well, our goaltending is strong and Laine is due to a new hattrick against his favorite team. I have a feeling that this will be a high scoring game – Jets win 5-3. Patty with the hatty!

Welcome friend.

And enjoy the boards, this is a great place to talk hockey and meet likeminded people with a passion for the greatest game to ever grace this planet :)

Reactions: Scheifelaine

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
What is there to ask?

Hey coach why are hey playing like ****?

Everyone can see they aren't playing well right now.

Well, one could point out the lack of offense from the second line and ask PoMo if he is considering any changes to the top 6 get the second line going in tonights game.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Well, one could point out the lack of offense from the second line and ask PoMo if he is considering any changes to the top 6 get the second line going in tonights game.
A good point. Dallas has seemingly become a one-line team, of which we need to take an advantage. As you said, shut their first line down, and a good chunk of their offense is rendered useless. However, that alone doesn't suffice. We need production from the second line, plain and simple. I just don't see him breaking up the first line after the games they've had recently, so if changes are needed, we might have to wait for Perreault's return.

Reactions: Scheifelaine

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
A good point. Dallas has seemingly become a one-line team, of which we need to take an advantage. As you said, shut their first line down, and a good chunk of their offense is rendered useless. However, that alone doesn't suffice. We need production from the second line, plain and simple. I just don't see him breaking up the first line after the games they've had recently, so if changes are needed, we might have to wait for Perreault's return.

Switch places Wheeler and Laine and put out Ehlers-Little-Wheelers against Seguin's line, and then let C-S-L feast on their second line. Problem solved :nod:

Reactions: Peggy

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
So the early book on Dallas according to a person I follow on twitter that likes Dallas (and I respect her opinion)

Early on at least her worse case scenario is coming true after they hired Hitch, they are sacrificing offense at the alter of defense. They are a team that doesn't score much at 5v5 but have done better on special teams. Oh and she hates Oleksiak and is convinced the only reason he is in the NHL is that he is 6'7" #anothernextchara.

Bishop is a .920 so they have upgraded the net.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I just really want that second line to click already.. But I think KC has a huge night with 3pts.

seems weird with two at the moment 1line teams with equal pts playing each other.

Wonder if both 1st lines are being matched against each other, and cancel each other out, leaving it up to our 2nd line to feast on whats left of Dallas.

Sammy225

Aug 9, 2011
I am pretty sure it is a given that this will be Laines breakout game. He loves him some Stars.... Book him for 2 goals 2 assists minimum.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Switch places Wheeler and Laine and put out Ehlers-Little-Wheelers against Seguin's line, and then let C-S-L feast on their second line. Problem solved :nod:

at least for this game. that would make a lot of sense against Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad