Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Sabres - Tue Jan 9 6:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Helle? Or Mason?

Is Lowry healed enough to go back in the lineup?

If Lowry is good to go does Roslovic get another game? Sit Matthias? Or Dano?

Do the lines remain or do we get a shuffle? (off to Buffalo)

It's not clear if there will be a practice before they fly to Buffalo

StumpyTown

Sep 26, 2016
I think Roslovic earned another start. As the first game wore on we got to see glimpses of this kid's potential come out. Just like Connor, when Roslovic gets comfortable and realizes that he can play with the big boys on his terms he will be a force to be reckoned with. For Roslovic that chance will be next season barring devastating injuries on the big club. Matthias needs to be out of the lineup. He is not the worst 4th liner out there, but he has no business on the ice with this team. I respect how hard the guy works and he does get to the loose pucks, but man.... those Neufeld hands are killing me.

Reactions: Robinson2187

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Maurice talked a few days ago about this being a game for Mason so he should be the starter. Would like to see Roslovic in and if someone has to sit it should be Mathias over Dano.

Nov 24, 2006
Agree with what's being said by many - Mason should definitely start, and Roslovic deserves a spot over Matthias for certain if and when Lowry gets back.

Edit - didn't know there was a back to back, thanks ffh. Not likely that Mason gets 2 of the 3 road games then.

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
agree with FFH Bucky starts and I also hope Rosey gets this game instead of Sgt. stonehands(matthias)

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
If Maurice wants to get Mason a start , this is the game to do it . I'm sitting Matthias and playing Roslovic .

I'd take Helle 10 times out of 10, but sometimes you need to play backup for the sake of having backup when it's needed. So agreed.

We need to see more Roslovic. He had several good, though kind of brief moments.

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
I also hope the boys keep their heads up and on a swivel. last game we are playing against these guys I believe and could see McCabe and kane taking runs at some of our players.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto

660758d72274dbcc61d86c3573d159b9.jpg

Swiftt

Jul 3, 2016
Winnipeg
I would play Roslo today again 100%.

The Jets don’t play again until Friday after Buffalo, so I’d even let Mathias play tomorrow to give Lowry the extra 4 days to heal and avoid rushing the injury before a couple big Central division matchups.

Reactions: Runforthecup

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Somehow feel nervous about this game. Jets need to play a very strong game and stay out of the box.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Lehner and antipin might not play. Johnson is not very good looks like we will face him again.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Practice Notes: It was an optional today. Skating today included: Steve Mason, Tucker Poolman, Ben Chiarot, Nikolaj Ehlers, Patrik Laine, Joel Armia, Jack Roslovic, Marko Dano and Kyle Connor.

Audio: Little, Wheeler and Connor. Coach wasn't scheduled to speak today.

To listen click here.

jetsfan91

May 29, 2013
Helle has been excellent all season long but the reason we got Mason and for what we're paying him he should be able to be counted upon in these situations. I think you have to go with Mason here and trust him to pick up the two points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad