GDT: Jets vs Preds Round 2 - GAME 7 - May 10th, 7pm - "Time to go Fast"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Today the whole hockey world will once again be reminded that Marc Bergevin is a horrible GM. Everyone will see that the franchise defenseman that he traded not too long ago will lead his team to victory and off to the Western Conference Final.

Joe Morrow has got this, guys.

(has he even played at all since the first few games of round one?)

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
I don't know if my heart and anus can handle a game 7.
If you clench too hard they will become a new body part known as the Hanus.

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Preds already selling tickets for the next round of playoffs!

How many people from Nashville wanna come up here and see the Jets play Vegas I'm not sure, but I know they love good hockey down there so...
Good , something else to make the Jets want this even more , bulletin board material for sure .

Reactions: one other person

thejaf7

Mar 21, 2010
I feel like... There's this calm before the finality. Dunno if it's a good or bad feeling?

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
as a preds fan, wanted to come on before the game tonight and say what a thrill it has been to see two great teams, with two great fanbases in this series. i think most all of us knew back in January it was going to come down to this, the two best teams in the NHL against each other. in my mind, this one game tonight might well could, and probably should decide who wins the cup this year. admittedly my one 'fear' is that the winner of this series has a letdown in the wcf and lets Vegas slip up on them, but that doesn't change the fact these are the two best teams in the NHL.

all the 'who has the loudest building' and 'our fans are better than yours' talk is of course immature garbage. i think most of us realize there are no two better home venues than ours, something to be proud of.

of course i hope we win tonight, just like you all do, but best of luck no matter which way this one game goes. our rivalry is just beginning. expect us to meet many times in the years ahead where we will truly learn to hate each other lol.

thejaf7

Mar 21, 2010
as a preds fan, wanted to come on before the game tonight and say what a thrill it has been to see two great teams, with two great fanbases in this series. i think most all of us knew back in January it was going to come down to this, the two best teams in the NHL against each other. in my mind, this one game tonight might well could, and probably should decide who wins the cup this year. admittedly my one 'fear' is that the winner of this series has a letdown in the wcf and lets Vegas slip up on them, but that doesn't change the fact these are the two best teams in the NHL.

all the 'who has the loudest building' and 'our fans are better than yours' talk is of course immature garbage. i think most of us realize there are no two better home venues than ours, something to be proud of.

of course i hope we win tonight, just like you all do, but best of luck no matter which way this one game goes. our rivalry is just beginning. expect us to meet many times in the years ahead where we will truly learn to hate each other lol.

Iron sharpens iron. Respect has been earned. Preds have much respect from Winnipeg. Thanks for supporting hockey as much as you guys do down there.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I wish I could say I was confident -- but I'm not. I guess the way the Preds dominated us in the last game, makes me feel that way.(shaky) I actually think the Jet's were to overconfident in the last game, and that lead to their demise, and getting shutout. That big home crowd and the White out can do that to you. Not now though.

I do think the Jet's can win this game --with a somewhat perfect game--like very few penalties, scoring the first goal, and come out hustling with "desperation" for the first period, and right thru to the end--"non stop pressure"-who wants it more ???

This is somewhat of a weird series in that the Home team seems to be almost at a disadvantage for some reason. Maybe they have been a little overconfident, and thinking that Home ice alone will win it for them -- I think so.

Irregardless of what happens, I will be proud of what the Jet's accomplished this year, as most people didn't think they'd make the playoffs. Chevy has done a great job of running the team--drafting etc, and Maurice coached the youth well this year. They were only 3 points off the best record in the NHL---and not by luck.

There's "no doubt" -- the Jet's are for real and can win this game. We need our youth to step up, and score, and make very few mistakes. We cannot afford to get down 2 goals--1 is OK, as we can recover from that.

I want to see a Jet's victory --it would be huge for the team, and huge for the City of Winnipeg. All I want to see is a hard fought game, and if the Jet's come up short, I want to see them give it everything they have and a very closely contested game.

Let's cheer our stars on to victory tonight--"we can win this" :thumbu:

The odds are in the Preds favor--but they were in the Jet's favor last game--they mean "nothing" at this point.:cool:

Reactions: Jack722

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
Rinne has cracked in big games before. Hoping being at home in a game 7 gets to him.

Jets are playing with house money and can come out relaxed. Also paging Laine. We need a big goal at a big time

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Was more nervous about game 6, haven't sweated tonight's game one bit, the Jets are going to come out tonight from the get go and tonight we capitalize on our chances and take the win. All the pressure is on the Predators tonight

TheHead

Defence? We don't need no stinking defence!
Mar 15, 2018
Winnipeg
Laine and Ehlers need to get off the shnide.

Score first and make Nashville chase the game!

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
The whole hockey world is watching this tonight.
Win or lose, please don’t lay an egg

Exactly. I'm super happy with the season to date, even with a loss tonight. BUT! If we have to lose, then lose leaving it all on the ice. Be the Jets we know and love.

BTW, Fast Times may be my favorite movie. I'm definitely watching it again this weekend!

Reactions: Zhamnov5GoalGame

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
William-Superman.jpg

Six Battles together had these Jets; these Mustards
While the faithful jetsboardsfolk sharpen’d their clench
8:30 starts, and played to the dead vast and middle of the night
Been thus encount'red. Aye, and now behold!
Skaters like your Stats and Shuffles
Armed at point, at centre exactly, sticks ready,
Will appear before the Bridgestone throng and with blinding speed
Blast and blaze around sundry Catfish. Thrice we skat'd hard
Giving Kittens oppression and fear-surprised eyes,
Pincered within the grip of the human truncheon Buff;
Whilst they distill'd to jelly with the act of fear!
Stand not still you youngsters
Farmleague, Laine, Fly, but rather gather thy courage,
Skate with urgency, and let thy skills speak for themselves.
In dreadful urgency impart thy vulcanized rubber will,
And I with ye on the seventh night kept the watch;
And Helle Boy shall deliver, both in time,
As he has all year long - each play made true and good,
And stay the apparition of gloved bounces.
For in this, our minds are not more like.
But beyond this; the time to shake hands with history,
We of the cheering Winnipeg crowd,
Shall think themselves,
And their team, anew,
In the wake of this great year,
And we will hold our heads high whiles any speaks
Of the Jets’ grit and skill on this seventh-game day.

So it all comes down to this
Because we lost in game six
When we win game seven
It will be almost like heaven
As the Preds cross the River Styx

m.

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-10_9-29-27.png
    upload_2018-5-10_9-29-27.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 6

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
William-Superman.jpg

Six Battles together had these Jets; these Mustards
While the faithful jetsboardsfolk sharpen’d their clench
8:30 starts, and played to the dead vast and middle of the night
Been thus encount'red. Aye, and now behold!
Skaters like your Stats and Shuffles
Armed at point, at centre exactly, sticks ready,
Will appear before the Bridgestone throng and with blinding speed
Blast and blaze around sundry Catfish. Thrice we skat'd hard
Giving Kittens oppression and fear-surprised eyes,
Pincered within the grip of the human truncheon Buff;
Whilst they distill'd to jelly with the act of fear!
Stand not still you youngsters
Farmleague, Laine, Fly, but rather gather thy courage,
Skate with urgency, and let thy skills speak for themselves.
In dreadful urgency impart thy vulcanized rubber will,
And I with ye on the seventh night kept the watch;
And Helle Boy shall deliver, both in time,
As he has all year long - each play made true and good,
And stay the apparition of gloved bounces.
For in this, our minds are not more like.
But beyond this; the time to shake hands with history,
We of the cheering Winnipeg crowd,
Shall think themselves,
And their team, anew,
In the wake of this great year,
And we will hold our heads high whiles any speaks
Of the Jets’ grit and skill on this seventh-game day.

This one may be my favorite one yet! You are really good at this!

Reactions: kanadalainen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad