GDT: Jets vs Preds Round 2 - Game 6 - May 7th, 8:30pm - "Fire on Ice"

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Do we not have a plan to aggressively forecheck down 2-3 goals? So many times we have 2 guys vs 4 down low and just watch them take the puck. Need some bodies at the net and below the goal-line.

Reactions: Howard Chuck

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Clearly playing with a rib injury, can't breathe right and hurts to hit straight on. All his hits he leads with his backend.

I think so too. Throwing his shot off as well. Wouldn't be surprised if we hear about something after the playoffs. Ehlers is probably playing through something as well.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
'They're trying to light the fuse with six minutes left'

With what? Fire extinguisher?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Haven't seen anything I've liked from either of them. But they aren't far behind. Ehlers, Laine and most of the bottom 6 has been useless.
No finish tonight but the line is all sitting at about 70% possession numbers. They had the pressure, just disjointed.

Reactions: GNP

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Getting this far is all bonus time but can't help but expect it right now with how they are capable of playing. A lose in this series would be very disappointing.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Laine just wants to shoot, he doesn't want the puck otherwise. I can't count how many times his flown by the puck at our blue line or in the neutral zone and watch a Pred take it the other way. He's really developing into a one-dimensional player.

I think he was a fully developed one dimensional player when we drafted him. Question is - can he be any more than that?
Another tough night for the kid.

Reactions: sipowicz

BullLund

Dec 28, 2017
Laine just wants to shoot, he doesn't want the puck otherwise. I can't count how many times his flown by the puck at our blue line or in the neutral zone and watch a Pred take it the other way. He's really developing into a one-dimensional player.

He was doing quite good by the end of the season. He seems to have regressed in the playoffs, and is relying mostly on his shot.

I think the intensity of the playoffs has just grinded him out. There's a reason why most teams rely on the vets to win playoff games. Because they've been there and done that. They know how hard the "grind" is, playing high intensity games on top of a 80 game regular season.

I wouldn't be too worried about this reflecting his future level of play. But as far as these playoffs go, don't count on Laine to pull off any miracles. It's all down to the guys with experience now.

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
I think so too. Throwing his shot off as well. Wouldn't be surprised if we hear about something after the playoffs. Ehlers is probably playing through something as well.
Malaise; goes great with Cilantro, not so much with playoffs. :(

folix

Jul 24, 2011
Elhers sitting on the 4th line and Pomo won't change it. F your ego put him back in.

None

Feb 22, 2012
I can look at his S% and be optimistic, but when the guy is mostly floating around and shows little urgency and movement, I cannot accept that. At all.

The only time I saw any urgency from Laine this series was after he scored the goal in game 4 to make it 2-1. The rest of the team looked just like tonight.

That said, he's far from the only floater tonight. I haven't liked anyone except Enstrom, Connor, Hellebuyck, Perreault, and maybe Copp. This effort doesn't inspire much confidence.

Reactions: Maukkis
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad