Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
RapShakespeare.jpg

Friends, Finns, Farmleaguesmen, de-catfish your beer:
Expunge thy mental image of the piscine oral servitude – for,
We come to bury Nashville, not to praise them.

And 7 o’clock is that very bi(e)tching time of night,
When the mustard besotted clench n’ squirm,
And Helle himself breathes out.

Cry “Havoc!” and let slip the 4th line Jesus of war,
To quell the Preds’ foul litter - smelling above the earth
The fetid tapestry of their carrion plays, groaning for burial.

Contagion to Johansen and Fiala, and
Subban’s game is a Fakers’ Creed, a fool’s delight:
(To Spin and Flail as if be-gunshot, in a 10 minute rotation)
That painted lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Aye! If Buff can catch him once upon the hip,
He will feed fat the ancient grudge he bears him.

All of Donald street’s a stage,
And all Jets forwards the gnarly players.
Will Mo roll four O-minded lines,
And within their shifts play many parts?
Aye, so be it.

Thus from the blades of Atarifriends,
Sporting sick perversion and heavy iceminits -
A blinding whiteout fury and fierce puck-strewn strife
Shall cumber all the parts of Nashville!

This may be your best yet!

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
On another note.... Does anyone think that the Jets may have had a bug go through the room? Ehlers, then Laine, Wheeler not looking like himself, same with Lowry?

Maybe 'Malaise' is code for Norovirus?

Of course maybe it's just that there are two evenly matched teams, but I still feel we should be playing better yet. I think there is more to give.

Go Jerts!

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
On another note.... Does anyone think that the Jets may have had a bug go through the room? Ehlers, then Laine, Wheeler not looking like himself, same with Lowry?

Of course maybe it's just that there are two evenly matched teams, but I still feel we should be playing better yet. I think there is more to give.

Go Jerts!
I was thinking this as well.

Trilliann

Tier 2 fan
May 12, 2016
Below Replacement Level

Go Jerts!
I'm starting to think so

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
I was more of a Return of the Jedi man myself, but damn this is an excellent GDT.

Hope the Jets pump the Preds early and close this one out in the first.

Reactions: Zhamnov5GoalGame

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011

Go Jerts!

yup. Definitely think there's something going around the room. The way Ehlers had the "malaise" and then his buddy Laine got it...I was pretty sure it was a bug of some sort.

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Sorry to be off topic but does anyone know if I can just text a screen shot of a ticket barcode to a friend for entrance to tonights game?

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Sorry to be off topic but does anyone know if I can just text a screen shot of a ticket barcode to a friend for entrance to tonights game?

I don't think that will work. I think the best thing to do is have him create a ticketmaster account and then transfer them to him.

Reactions: ocdaddy

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Hopefully flu is the reason they all looked so sluggish in OT, and can hopefully be fixed with some sleep and OJ.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Haha! Another great one @Zhamnov5GoalGame ! As a huge fan of Star Wars and especially Empire Strikes Back I give his two big thumbs up!

I laughed out loud at Hendricks and Subban.

I think the Jets come out fired up after the tough 2OT loss plus being back home.

Reactions: Zhamnov5GoalGame

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
We need to navigate through the Pred's defense like a Hoth asteroid field. I don't care if our odds are only 3720 to 1. Never tell me the odds.

"The odds of the Winnipeg Jets successfully navigating this game are 1.41 to 1."

*robotic bleeps in background*

"No, R-2, I'm NOT allowed to mention that this is a huge overlay if you're looking to place a wager.."

*robotic bleeps grow more frantic*

"Yes, I *KNOW* PlayNow is an official sponsor of the Winnipeg Jets!"

*bleeps reach a fevered pitch*

"No, it makes no sense to me EITHER, you blithering bucket..."

*dejected robotic tone*

"Well, YOU take it up with the mods; I'd rather play chess with the Wookie, thank you very much."

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Hopefully flu is the reason they all looked so sluggish in OT, and can hopefully be fixed with some sleep and OJ.

It's very encouraging that they look 'off' in general and are still hanging with the best team in the regular season. I hope that whatever it is that has taken that edge off, is almost done........ if that is indeed what it is.

Reactions: ERYX

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
It's very encouraging that they look 'off' in general and are still hanging with the best team in the regular season. I hope that whatever it is that has taken that edge off, is almost done........ if that is indeed what it is.

We were on the road and played two very even games (at least expected-goals wise) and got the split. I was optimistic at the start of the series and am slightly more so, given we're slightly better off than before. I like our chances tonight, I like our chances to win the series. ESPECIALLY since, as many have correctly pointed out, we seem to be like --->this<--- close to exploding unto a whole new level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad