Ehlers-Little-Laine
Tanev-Copp-Matthias
Lemieux/Petan - Hendricks - Armia
Dano
Morrissey-Trouba
Enstrom-Byfuglien
Kulikov-Myers
Chiarot-Poolman
Only Mathieu Perreault (injured reserve) and Adam Lowry (upper-body) weren't with the main group of skaters. For the second straight day, Lowry skated with Director of Fitness Dr. Craig Slaunwhite prior to the team taking to the ice.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I'm interested to see Lemieux - Hendricks - Armia if they actually ice that line. Just to see what we've got there.

I really wish that either Myers returns to form or we replace him with Poolman.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Honestly, best thing for Petan is to prove himself in the AHL. He was heading towards Burmistrov territory of talent without production. No need to rush him.

Reactions: 204hockey

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Brendan Lemieux survives

I'm fine with this. I think Lemieux looked pretty good in his one game for the role they wanted him to play. I also want to see Hendricks for myself. The two of them with Armia might make something. Who knows?

As much love as Petan gets, he really hasn't done much with his opportunities this year. He's never going to make the top six, so they might as well give him an opportunity with another club.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Petan's game has many aspects that he can work on in the AHL. He showcased nothing with the Jets (then again, he really didn't have any chances to do so either), so this was an easy decision. That being said, this can not mean that Hendricks has a permanent roster spot regardless of the circumstances.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Petan's game has many aspects that he can work on in the AHL. He showcased nothing with the Jets (then again, he really didn't have any chances to do so either), so this was an easy decision. That being said, this can not mean that Hendricks has a permanent roster spot regardless of the circumstances.

I hope everyone has to earn their spots this year.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Just realized yesterday that this game starts an hour after Atlanta United plays so I’ll be joining this game late hopefully in a great mood.

alchemyindex

vereor nox
Jan 20, 2013
Winnipeg
Our roster is really going to feature Tanev, Hendricks, and Lemieux at the same time? Having one of those guys in doesn't bother me. But all 3 kinda does.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Our roster is really going to feature Tanev, Hendricks, and Lemieux at the same time? Having one of those guys in doesn't bother me. But all 3 kinda does.

Something needs to give in our bottom 6. Having all three in at once with other 4th line players like Copp and Mathias is scary.

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
I'm fine with this. I think Lemieux looked pretty good in his one game for the role they wanted him to play. I also want to see Hendricks for myself. The two of them with Armia might make something. Who knows?

As much love as Petan gets, he really hasn't done much with his opportunities this year. He's never going to make the top six, so they might as well give him an opportunity with another club.

"Top 6" mentality is trending towards extinction in favour of a top 9. Some teams are ahead of the curve, some are not. Some teams have the personell, some do not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad