GDT: Jets vs Knights (Feb-1st) - "Cosa Nostra"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shazzam

Now 20% Chunkier
Oct 29, 2015
Great White North eh...
Even though technically we can't jump to first place in the West with a win in this game, I'm looking at it this way. A win would tie us in points with LV. And we get bragging rights in the series.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
You've done it again Z5GG!

I noticed that you said that Vegas is known for several things but you omitted Celine!
Then, just below you have her over the caption "but it had a more sinister beginning". :laugh::laugh:

Reactions: Zhamnov5GoalGame

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
This is getting into Paul Maurice dtd territory. He was almost ready before the ASB and was supposed to be back last game. So it was this game, for sure, right? I guess not. :thumbd::(

I think they are just being extra cautious. The points cushion built up already gives them that luxury

Reactions: DRC

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think they are just being extra cautious. The points cushion built up already gives them that luxury

Hope you're right. I'm not content to squander that cushion and sneak into the PO's by a WC spot. I want as much home ice advantage as possible.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Hope you're right. I'm not content to squander that cushion and sneak into the PO's by a WC spot. I want as much home ice advantage as possible.

Not sure the difference between Kulikov and Chiarot is enough to cost us any points in this game.

Shazzam

Now 20% Chunkier
Oct 29, 2015
Great White North eh...
I've been waiting all year for the LVK to come down to earth. I've come to accept the fact that they are for real. They are a very well coached team with tremendous tenacity and work ethic. They have some decent young talent with some very good vets as well. But I truly believe we're a much more talented team. It appears that we finally have all aspects of our game going. So what we have to do is outwork them. If we do that, our superior talent should do the rest.
Let's push for best in the west!

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
I've been waiting all year for the LVK to come down to earth. I've come to accept the fact that they are for real. They are a very well coached team with tremendous tenacity and work ethic. They have some decent young talent with some very good vets as well. But I truly believe we're a much more talented team. It appears that we finally have all aspects of our game going. So what we have to do is outwork them. If we do that, our superior talent should do the rest.
Let's push for best in the west!
Without this aberration that is the Vegas Knights, the Jets would be the feel-good story of the NHL this year. I'm not bitter...just another insecure Jets fan.:sarcasm:

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Not sure the difference between Kulikov and Chiarot is enough to cost us any points in this game.

The difference isn't that great but 1 mistake can be the difference in the game. We always need to play the best lineup we can for that reason.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
The difference isn't that great but 1 mistake can be the difference in the game. We always need to play the best lineup we can for that reason.

Kulikov makes mistakes too but he is much less likely to ice the puck ;)

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Kulikov makes mistakes too but he is much less likely to ice the puck ;)

He makes fewer mistakes. Even if it is only 1 fewer in 5 games if this is that game and the mistake costs us the GWG then the difference between them is significant.

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
I personally love the fact that we are being this cautious with our players. Its also a nice nod to chiarot from the coach.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
He makes fewer mistakes. Even if it is only 1 fewer in 5 games if this is that game and the mistake costs us the GWG then the difference between them is significant.

There was a thread on twitter about how losing Trouba was worth 2-3 WAR over the whole year. That's 4-6 points in an 82 game season. Losing Kulikov is probably less than 1 WAR or 2 points over an 82 game season.

You have to be a real glass empty guy to think tonight is the one game where we're going to lose those two points ;)

I Know what you're saying but it's probably better to ensure that Kulikov doesn't relapse because he is "rushed" and ends up missing more games in the long run.

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
636184214493233954-Bobby-Perreault.jpg

Let's win this one for the boss man :D

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
There was a thread on twitter about how losing Trouba was worth 2-3 WAR over the whole year. That's 4-6 points in an 82 game season. Losing Kulikov is probably less than 1 WAR or 2 points over an 82 game season.

You have to be a real glass empty guy to think tonight is the one game where we're going to lose those two points ;)

I Know what you're saying but it's probably better to ensure that Kulikov doesn't relapse because he is "rushed" and ends up missing more games in the long run.

OK, Aavco. I give up. Chiarot is better than Kulikov. :sarcasm:

I never advocated rushing Kulikov back, nor anything even remotely like it. I expressed frustration with Maurice's estimates of when players might return. That is all.

Why am I having to argue that having Kulikov back would be better than not having him back? This is just frustrating.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
OK, Aavco. I give up. Chiarot is better than Kulikov. :sarcasm:

I never advocated rushing Kulikov back, nor anything even remotely like it. I expressed frustration with Maurice's estimates of when players might return. That is all.

Why am I having to argue that having Kulikov back would be better than not having him back? This is just frustrating.

Kulikov is better than Chiarot. I'm pretty sure you know where I stand on that.

The statistical probability of it impacting the outcome of this particular game is also pretty low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad