Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Flames - Sat Oct 7 - 9:00 CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
So who should start in goal ? Me , i would start Helly , if he wins he starts again until we lose , then back to Mason . I don't have alot of confidence in either one right now and i hope that changes soon . Jets better play like the playoffs are on the line tomorrow .

After two years of swapping a goalie the moment they lose a game, I'd hope we have realized the undue strain it puts on a netminder. No other player has that pressure. Steve even said he hated that happening in Philly. It's an awful system.

Let a goalie build a rhythm for a few games.

I'll admit, I'm not in the "need better goalie" camp.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
After two years of swapping a goalie the moment they lose a game, I'd hope we have realized the undue strain it puts on a netminder. No other player has that pressure.

I don't know. If Dano or Petan have a bad game, I can see them press box watching the next game.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Maurice on TSN 1290 right now: "Our powerplay was really good last night" lol

This is a misconception. The powerplay had control of the puck a lot and made a lot of passes that didn't result in any good chances. It's slower than it needs to be. Wheeler and Lowry are not a fit with some of the quick thinking players on PP1.

Reactions: Board Bard

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I was at the game. The PP was actually generating a ton of high quality chances, and moved the puck around very well. Andersen was simply outstanding. My main gripe is about a few bad shots (Wheeler is a bad shooter), and losing too many face-offs (early), and therefore starting too many of the PPs from behind their own net.

I wasn't at the game, but it looked to me that Anderson was given the opportunity to see every shot directed at him. I agree with removing Wheeler, and I'd add removing Lowry. We need really quick thinking, and reacting on the first PP. Load it up.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
This is a misconception. The powerplay had control of the puck a lot and made a lot of passes that didn't result in any good chances. It's slower than it needs to be. Wheeler and Lowry are not a fit with some of the quick thinking players on PP1.

I think they did have several good chances. Laine had one shot go off the knob of Anderson's stick and whistled one over top of the net. There were shot attempts from inside home plate. Those are considered scoring chances. Even from the point the best chances hit Jet players in front. Those will find their way through eventually.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I think they did have several good chances. Laine had one shot go off the knob of Anderson's stick and whistled one over top of the net. There were shot attempts from inside home plate. Those are considered scoring chances. Even from the point the best chances hit Jet players in front. Those will find their way through eventually.

You're right, there were a couple, but that was out of 6 power plays. The leafs did a great job of clearing the lanes and keeping us outside for the most part. I still insist that we need some creativity on pp1 and as much as I love Wheeler, he isn't that creative. Ehlers, Scheif, Laine, Morrissey, Trouba. We shouldn't need a PP2 after that.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Not what I saw... some grade A chances, and lots of opportunities.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I still have no idea what Mo is thinking when he is putting that bottom 6 together
It is strange.

I would prefer...

Matthias-Lowry-Tanev
Petan-Copp-Armia

Better, still...

Matthias-Lowry-Dano
Petan-Copp-Armia

You could flip Armia and Dano.

Neither Tanev nor Matthias give you any sort of offense on the wing.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
If we get a quality start from our goaltender I like our chances

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
its almost like Pomo has this belief that he knows better then the rest of the NHL and he insists on having 2 offensive lines and 2 checking lines... I srsly doubt lowry's play would drop off a cliff if he made him 4th line center

Reactions: JetsFan815

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
Maybe the players need to play the system better. Why do the players get absolved of all responsibility?
two choices...either get new players who understand the system PoMo is teaching(Morrissays quote that it's man or zone depending on the read) or find a coach who can teach a system these players understand and implement successfully.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Player audio: Adam Lowry.

Coach scrum topics: Is he comfortable with how much time Adam Lowry was on the ice on opening night? Any concern with Byfuglien leaving early today? Thoughts on the Flames/Oilers game. What is the first step towards better team defence? Two different types of practices yesterday and today. Does he like the way his team reacted the last few days? Does he feel like the team has received the defence message?

To listen click here.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
So who should start in goal ? Me , i would start Helly , if he wins he starts again until we lose , then back to Mason . I don't have alot of confidence in either one right now and i hope that changes soon . Jets better play like the playoffs are on the line tomorrow .

I'd go with Mason hoping he'll seriously want redemption.

Reactions: Duke749

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I hope that Mason can get back on the horse & run with it a while.
I'd really hate to see musical goal tenders in the first dozen games...that would not be good.
Hope to see a strong rebound effort like we all do.
Until then.....everyone have a good day !

Reactions: mcpw

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
I still have no idea what Mo is thinking when he is putting that bottom 6 together

images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad