Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Flames - Sat Oct 7 - 9:00 CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
The point is that Tanev is not even an nhl calibre player. Dano is at least a marginal one

Not sure how Dano is marginal. His pts/60 was in mid 3rd line range last year, 7th on the Jets. His production is there. He plays physical, has good attack angles, strong on the puck, great at find dead zones, at least above average creativity with the puck, good quickness. Struggles at being defensive side of puck at all times and top end speed. Not given any opportunity on special teams. It's downright criminal he is not being given a chance while Matthias, Tanev, Lowry are given every opportunity, even guys like Copp who struggled mightily last game continues to get chances.

The top 6 is being far too depended on by Maurice, IMO. That's at least partially why the game spiraled. The top 6 know that because of the roster Maurice assembles that they have no help at all, they need to get it done or no one will. Give those guys some help by creating 4 good quality NHL lines and the meaningful production will increase, IMO.

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
I came across this chart today and it has lead me to the conclusion that it is highly illogical to deploy Brandon Tanev in penalty killing situations.

tanev001.png

Perhaps Mr. Tanev should be relieved of his NHL duties, altogether, Captain.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Dano was by far and away the best player on his line, that much was easy to see for those that watched the game.
I agree that Dano was good, and he should have had more minutes. Would like to see him get some time on the PP in a net-front position. I'm still not convinced he'd be an effective PKer, but it's worth a try. He does a lot more than Tanev or Matthias does 5v5.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I agree that Dano was good, and he should have had more minutes. Would like to see him get some time on the PP in a net-front position. I'm still not convinced he'd be an effective PKer, but it's worth a try. He does a lot more than Tanev or Matthias does 5v5.

I honestly have no idea if Dano would be good on PK. However considering we know that Tanev is atrocious and Maurice wants his bottom 6 to PK, why not try it? There's no way he is as bad as Tanev, that much is sure.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
@Holden, I don't even know what to think of Dano because we see so little of him. What I have seen I've liked, but he's not very fast which I guess puts him in the doghouse. I would like to see a 3rd line of perreault petan Dano but I'd also like a diamond encrusted bathroom to shit in

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
@Holden, I don't even know what to think of Dano because we see so little of him. What I have seen I've liked, but he's not very fast which I guess puts him in the doghouse. I would like to see a 3rd line of perreault petan Dano but I'd also like a diamond encrusted bathroom to **** in
That would be logical.

darkjet

Jan 11, 2013
I think the issue with Dano is more off ice than on. His production speaks for itself but I think he is sinking his own ship. He is talented but not talented enough to maybe be overlooked for off ice regiment.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Not enough attaboys in the dressing room I guess
It is something that rubs Maurice the wrong way

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
our record in Calgary has been dreadful since we came back into the league. Tomorrow is almost a must win in my opinion because you have Edmonton on Monday, who will be a VERY tough game. Very tough.

So, I'm again willing to take a wait and see approach. I was allowing myself to be optimistic day before the game as is always the case in a new season. But if we start 0-3 with this mentally fragile group I have no idea how we will break this cycle. I'm not saying tomorrow is a must win but can we have a good start for once ffs?

Reactions: Beavski24

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
HUGE statement game
Calgary lost to an arch rival
and we lost to Toronto

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
@Holden, I don't even know what to think of Dano because we see so little of him. What I have seen I've liked, but he's not very fast which I guess puts him in the doghouse. I would like to see a 3rd line of perreault petan Dano but I'd also like a diamond encrusted bathroom to **** in

It was pretty evident what Maurice thought of Dano last season when he sent him to the Moose out of training camp, brought him back when the team got injuries and then sat him out for the final 15 games when Dano came back from injury.

Like you mention who knows what to think of Dano when we’ve seen so little of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad