Post-Game Talk: Jets vs. Flames • Fri Sep 12, 6PM • 2014 Young Stars Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Fairly sure yes. Since he now loaned by permission his contract continues to count. And since he did get permission to be loaned last year he burned the year off his ELC. He will use up the end of his ELC this year.

Right now, I don't think we see Telegin back with the Jets, if not in NA. The kid says he has PTSD from his concussion and being in St. John's is a stressor for him. I personally don't buy that last part, so I imagine that they'll try to move Telegin's rights for a mid to late round pick in the next draft.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Fairly sure yes. Since he now loaned by permission his contract continues to count. And since he did get permission to be loaned last year he burned the year off his ELC. He will use up the end of his ELC this year.

I didn't think it would, that's why I didn't count him. Not sure how loan rules work, but I assumed his contract was on hold while he was gone.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Right now, I don't think we see Telegin back with the Jets, if not in NA. The kid says he has PTSD from his concussion and being in St. John's is a stressor for him. I personally don't buy that last part, so I imagine that they'll try to move Telegin's rights for a mid to late round pick in the next draft.

He didn't say he had PTSD. He just talked about his experiences and feelings.
Most figure that it's something like PTSD because that's what it sounded like.
It's understandable.
He had a concussion where he couldn't do anything, even read, watch tv, or go outside, for any extended period of time... for months.
He was a few inches away from being a vegetable.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
He didn't say he had PTSD. He just talked about his experiences and feelings.
Most figure that it's something like PTSD because that's what it sounded like.
It's understandable.
He had a concussion where he couldn't do anything, even read, watch tv, or go outside, for any extended period of time... for months.
He was a few inches away from being a vegetable.

I understand all that. I'm glad that he was able to recover enough to attempt to reclaim the game he plays, but I still don't see him back in the Jets' system.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I didn't think it would, that's why I didn't count him. Not sure how loan rules work, but I assumed his contract was on hold while he was gone.

Loans to Europe are tricky and not spelled out quite clearly. I might have time to dig up some stuff from the CBA tmw (gotta do some digging in CBA for another matter anyways ha).

I can tell 100% while he was suspended his contract was on hold. But 100% sure loans to Europe burn years of ELC (due to Chicago loan of Huet a couple of years ago) and 95% sure it counts as a contract spot.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
The Canucks have a YouTube channel and they have a video of the Canucks/Oilers Young Stars game. So, for those of you who won't be able to watch live, it should be available there to watch later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad