Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Fish Stick Men, Thurs Oct 17, 7pm, BellMTS Place

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Practice Audio:

Players: Bryan Little, Jack Roslovic and Kyle Connor.

Coach Maurice scrum topics: Update on Bryan Little's status? On Little's role if he plays. What can he bring to the team? Comparing Copp and Little. How much of a factor is fear based for shot blocking? Injury updates. What did he know about Anthony Bitetto before the season and what has he learned about him? What did he think of David Gustafsson's NHL debut? What has the coaching staff done to integrate Carl Dahlstrom? What are some of the biggest (off ice) challenges for a player like Dahlstrom? What makes Jack Roslovic a good fit with Lowry/Copp? Is there one thing specific from the Islanders games that he wants to rectify this time around? Is Ville Heinola back in? Is his concern regarding shot blocking for 5 on 5 or PK? What does the PK need to do better?

To listen click here.

PaulPooley

Nov 18, 2018
Last night’s game really opened my eyes to how flawed this team ultimately is.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
th

Surely we can beat Captain Highliner and the gang :sarcasm:

Reactions: Jets 31

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Jets are going to have to match the Isles work rate and commitment level. They've seen it firsthand from them and more recently Arizona, it's not going to come easy and it likely won't be pretty.

Reactions: hn777 and GNP

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Question: as I put together the GDT for tomorrow, where might I find the anticipated starting lineups for the Jets and Islanders? Are they posted somewhere today so I can get everything ready for tomorrow morning? Or do I have to jump up early in the morning to catch them and art like a madman?

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Question: as I put together the GDT for tomorrow, where might I find the anticipated starting lineups for the Jets and Islanders? Are they posted somewhere today so I can get everything ready for tomorrow morning? Or do I have to jump up early in the morning to catch them and art like a madman?

Practice would generally give a good indication. Any of the Jets usual twitter people would be good for that. Visiting teams is a bit tougher, you can go by their lineup in their last game.

Czizkas and Eberle are both OUT for the Isles tomorrow.

peg

Jul 8, 2010

Ken Wiebe
@WiebeAthletic

2h
Early #NHLJets line rushes:
Laine-Scheifele-Wheeler
Connor-Little-Ehlers
Copp-Lowry-Roslovic
Perreault/Bourque-Gustafsson-Appleton

D pairs:
Morrissey-Poolman
Dahlstrom-Pionk
Heinola-Kulikov

Gustafsson is playing according to Maurice so either Bourque or Appleton will be the odd man out on the 4th line. My guess would be Appleton sitting, but that is just my guess, not Wiebe's.

Reactions: Jets 31

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Ken Wiebe
@WiebeAthletic

2h
Laine-Scheifele-Wheeler
Connor-Little-Ehlers
Copp-Lowry-Roslovic

D pairs:
Morrissey-Poolman
Dahlstrom-Pionk
Heinola-Kulikov

Gustafsson is playing according to Maurice so either Bourque or Appleton will be the odd man out on the 4th line. My guess would be Appleton sitting, but that is just a guess.

I'd guess Bourque because he's sharing rushes with Perreault.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Ken Wiebe
@WiebeAthletic

2h
Laine-Scheifele-Wheeler
Connor-Little-Ehlers
Copp-Lowry-Roslovic

D pairs:
Morrissey-Poolman
Dahlstrom-Pionk
Heinola-Kulikov

Gustafsson is playing according to Maurice so either Bourque or Appleton will be the odd man out on the 4th line. My guess would be Appleton sitting, but that is just my guess, not Wiebe's.
Yay Little is back , as much as people like to rag on the guy he is sorely missed right now on that 2nd line . Heinola back too , guess Potato is hurt . We are a better team with Little and Heinola playing that's for sure . :thumbu:

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Finally the right players and combinations. A shame it takes injuries for Maurice to do the logical thing.

Laine-Scheifele-Wheeler
Connor-Little-Ehlers
Copp-Lowry-Roslovic
Perreault-Gustafsson-Appleton

Only took Maurice 1.5 seasons (or possibly longer?) to move Laine away from Little!

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Yay Little is back , as much as people like to rag on the guy he is sorely missed right now on that 2nd line . Heinola back too , guess Potato is hurt . We are a better team with Little and Heinola playing that's for sure . :thumbu:

Yeah, Little is a quality player. He seemed to unfairly get blamed because of Laine’s disinterested play.

Glad to have Copp back with Lowry.

1OApick

Jun 29, 2016
Expecting to see some effort. Hopefully don't see any shift lenghtening and stupid penalties.

Reactions: hn777

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Finally the right players and combinations. A shame it takes injuries for Maurice to do the logical thing.

Laine-Scheifele-Wheeler
Connor-Little-Ehlers
Copp-Lowry-Roslovic
Perreault-Gustafsson-Appleton

I really don't understand pairing up Roslovic with Copp and Lowry, as it makes zero sense to me. Roslovic has been playing really well lately, and driving the play somewhat, and needs guys that can score on his line, and Copp and Lowry are not good at scoring. What I'd like to see are as follows -- for the bottom 2 lines :

Perrault -- Roslovic --Appleton ( 3rd line - decent scoring here)

Copp ------- Lowry ---- Gustafsson ( more of a checking line)

If we went this route --we'd get a lot more scoring with 3 good scoring lines.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
And it might take only 1.5 shifts tomorrow for Maurice to move Laine back with Little.

Yup - it's pretty much up to Laine actually -
And to some degree, Ehlers
Which ever is on top of their game
Right or wrong, that's the way Mo is going to play it (IMO)

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Ken Wiebe
@WiebeAthletic

2h
Laine-Scheifele-Wheeler
Connor-Little-Ehlers
Copp-Lowry-Roslovic

D pairs:
Morrissey-Poolman
Dahlstrom-Pionk
Heinola-Kulikov

That Dahlstorm and Poolman

We hope soon it can be
Niku and Byfuglien

Then defense is not so bad.

Sooooooo mobile except for Kulikov

Reactions: hn777
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad