Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Coyotes Jan 8 8:00 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Ducky

Jan 8, 2012
It would be great if EK9 could get back in for the weekend tilts. Can't see him ready for tomorrow but who knows.
Should be an interesting game in Gongdale- a pro Jets crowd as usual.
Will state the obvious- quick start, goaltending, no stupid penalties = WIN

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
If he didn't have to defer to the medical staff, I think the only way he wouldn't play in a game was if his arms and legs actually fell off. He's a battler, that's for sure. :thumbu:

Anyone can say what they want about Kane but nobody can disparage the guys will to play or his amazing physical conditioning! :handclap:

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
It would be great if EK9 could get back in for the weekend tilts. Can't see him ready for tomorrow but who knows.
Should be an interesting game in Gongdale- a pro Jets crowd as usual.
Will state the obvious- quick start, goaltending, no stupid penalties = WIN

Uncle texted me from AZ where he reside's semi-permanently, tells me he will be at the game and to watch for him on TV, yeah right. Easy to spot him though, faded yellowed Jets 1.0 jersey with stains and I'm sure by now lots of holes along with probably now being a couple of sizes too small.:shakehead Stay sober Un'k, I know that always been a problem!

Kamo

Jul 10, 2011
Whether it makes sense to trade a player or not always depends on what we are getting for him. Always. Any player is tradeable for the right price. IF we traded Bogo he would bring a lot in return. Or to look at it another way, if he didn't bring a big return we wouldn't trade him.

Of course, if Gretzky can get traded anyone can!

As for the coyotes it would be a nice surprise getting one of our defense men back for this one that way we could hopefully sit one of the extra's.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
Good game for Pavs to start. He's been out for a few, and hopefully we can take ol' desert dog around the back of the barn and put one between his eyeballs.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach-Maurice-300x162.jpg

Coach Maurice scrum: On looking a little differently in the next two weeks. Will Kane play during road trip? Byfuglien & Little’s status as neither practiced today. What does he see differently from Byfuglien this year? On the players liking the challenge of the upcoming road trip. Is the challenge fun? Does he expect a boost for players as regulars return to the lineup? Has he made any decisions on the goalie? Returning to a rotation? How does he see Pavelec during this stretch when he isn’t playing as often as he is used to? A challenge to stay focused when he doesn’t play as often. On how prospects in the system change the way they look at the lineup. How has the process (all the injuries) been for him? At almost mid way point in the season how does he feel about the team? Does he expect any injured players to play this trip? What happens with Byfuglien when everyone returns to defence?

To listen click here.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
If he didn't have to defer to the medical staff, I think the only way he wouldn't play in a game was if his arms and legs actually fell off. He's a battler, that's for sure. :thumbu:

He'd still try to convince the coaching staff he was good to go. He'd hold his stick with his teeth.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
@saraorlesky: Maurice says that Byfuglien and Little will both be in the lineup tomorrow #NHLJets

@pwilliamsNHL: Pavelec starts on Arizona, per Maurice.

@DarrinBauming: The docs will get the final say regarding when Evander Kane returns to action. Kane is hopeful. Maurice impressed with 9's pain tolerance.

Kane probably had a broken bone from the shot from Harrison, and didn't miss a shift that game. As I recall, Bogo finished the game in which he was injured, too.

This Jets squad has some tough SOBs.

Derfel*

Good game for Pavs to start. He's been out for a few, and hopefully we can take ol' desert dog around the back of the barn and put one between his eyeballs.

Agreed - Pavelec was solid the last time these two team met.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone

He could still block shots. Just slide him in front of the net and paint a target on his forehead. I swear, the NHL these days ain't what it used to be. When men were men and hockey players were chronically broken.

Nice avatar, DarthMonty! :laugh:

jamiebez

Apr 5, 2005
Ottawa
@saraorlesky: Pavelec starts tomorrow v. Coyotes

Mike Smith last night: 33/39 (.846). Ouch.

Guessing we see Dubnyk for the Yotes.... he's .918 on the year with 18 starts, which makes me wonder why they aren't riding him????

bzjdxwkccaasnpd-jpg_large.jpeg

Oh right. That guy!!

jamiebez

Apr 5, 2005
Ottawa
Road trip will go Pavelec, Pavelec, Hutch.

Maurice said something like "it will look like a rotation for a little while with the back-to-backs and travel on our off-days".

To me, that means Pavs gets 2 of the next 3, and one of the Dallas/Chicago B2B.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Anyone can say what they want about Kane but nobody can disparage the guys will to play or his amazing physical conditioning! :handclap:

Yea Evander has his shortcomings but watching a guy like Kessel float around, do the fly by attempts to the Jets D men with the puck at the points, leave the zone early, and drift around waiting for scoring chances makes one appreciate Kane. Even when Evander is struggling to score he still crashes, bangs, gets the puck out of our zone into the other end single handedly at times, picks up his D assignments, and competes his ass off. He is always engaged and bringing it. Dude might have broken a bone in his foot and here he is sucking it up and maybe faking it to get back into the line up to compete. He may be uber flashy but deep down inside where it counts he is blue collar all the way......mad props to EK9.

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
Should be an entertaining game to watch. Both teams are weak on defence and like to skate to compensate, but the Jets are bigger and faster. The "yotes" have a poor home record, 28th in the league with 8 wins in the last 20 at home! The Jets road game record is even more impressive, 5th in the league with 11 wins 4 losses!

Whileee

May 29, 2010
except that he's always getting injured.

by his own team!

His last three injuries....

Cut his hand in a fight....

Scheifele takes him out cutting across the blueline....

Harrison wires a slapper at his foot from about 10 feet away....

I suppose he might not be injured as much if he didn't play as fast or aggressively, but he has anything but a glass body.

BrokerD

Apr 13, 2012
his last three injuries....

Cut his hand in a fight....

Scheifele takes him out cutting across the blueline....

Harrison wires a slapper at his foot from about 10 feet away....

I suppose he might not be injured as much if he didn't play as fast or aggressively, but he has anything but a glass body.

^^^ 100%

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Agreed - Pavelec was solid the last time these two team met.

When Maurice was asked how Pavs is handling the lighter work load he was quick to say "Great" he said Pavs is practicing very hard like the rest of the team and his attitude is really good.

Hope he has a good road trip here we could use it.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Should be an entertaining game to watch. Both teams are weak on defence and like to skate to compensate, but the Jets are bigger and faster. The "yotes" have a poor home record, 28th in the league with 8 wins in the last 20 at home! The Jets road game record is even more impressive, 5th in the league with 11 wins 4 losses!

I get a little worried playing a team that got blown out the previous game. The Yotes will be wounded and pissed off. The dreaded Blues did that to the Sharks before our last meeting and now they crushed the Yotes before this meeting.

may seem like I am setting my sights low but 3 points from this road trip and I will be happy.

Last edited:

Derfel*

When Maurice was asked how Pavs is handling the lighter work load he was quick to say "Great" he said Pavs is practicing very hard like the rest of the team and his attitude is really good.

Hope he has a good road trip here we could use it.

Of course he is - he's a professional. Has a great attitude.

Analyst365

Oct 24, 2011
Victoria
Yea Evander has his shortcomings but watching a guy like Kessel float around, do the fly by attempts to the Jets D men with the puck at the points, leave the zone early, and drift around waiting for scoring chances makes one appreciate Kane. Even when Evander is struggling to score he still crashes, bangs, gets the puck out of our zone into the other end single handedly at times, picks up his D assignments, and competes his ass off. He is always engaged and bringing it. Dude might have broken a bone in his foot and here he is sucking it up and maybe faking it to get back into the line up to compete. He may be uber flashy but deep down inside where it counts he is blue collar all the way......mad props to EK9.

I'm just amazed how Kane has gone from Dale Hawerchuk to Dallas Drake in 1.5 seasons! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad