Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Coyotes Jan 8 8:00 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I fell asleep at 7:15ish last night, so i guess i'm catching up on some sleep. 4:30am mornings are brutal.

Pavs professionalism can be questioned but has he ever been a selfish team mate?

I have never heard selfish?

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Even though we seem to be getting guys back I remain cautious because they will be rusty for the first game or so, but positive news regardless, the key is the other players to not let their guard down when they see the regular guys come back.

Derfel*

Seems like going over again and again, but my reply was related to Pavelec's professionalism...

1.). DUI, criminal act not reported to the team during a contract negotiation...unprofessional of him and his agent; and
2.). Poor conditioning through his years as a pro. This led to the organization and Paul Maurice having a very stern exit interview demanding and improvement in work ethic and conditioning. This was reported in the Winnipeg media, and those with sources in the organization will confirm that this goes all the way back to Atlanta.

Yes, it is well documented that he has not been a stellar pro. The debate is tiring, I was originally saying I was pleased at his attitude, and maybe he has changed his approach which was never to accept responsibility for any lack of results despite getting the net night after night.

He is a very nice guy off the ice. Sorry to for being a broken record, but you seemed unaware.

I was more curious about the documentation you spoke of. You've alluded to it being "well documented", so I was looking for some of that.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
AXnvbJX.jpg

So pumped it looks like the player flow is going to start reversing.

I am intrigued to see how Maurice will handle a healthy D.

If you get a chance to listen to Maurice's short presser today he talks about this exact challenge/opportunity and handles the topic really well. Just bathing my kids and putting them to bed or I would elaborate more.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
The Yotes just got beat 6-0 by the Blues. That worries me. Last year the Blues beat the Oilers 6-0 and the first jersey got tossed. We played the next game at Rexall and the Oilers kicked our butts. I think the other team will be hungry.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
The Yotes just got beat 6-0 by the Blues. That worries me. Last year the Blues beat the Oilers 6-0 and the first jersey got tossed. We played the next game at Rexall and the Oilers kicked our butts. I think the other team will be hungry.

What about the Jets? They lost a game with 4 seconds left. I'm thinking they aren't going into this one feeling indifferent. The last time they let a game slip away late (Philly). They went on the road and handed it to a much better team then the Yotes (Hawks). I would argue that is more of barometer then what happened last season.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006

Jets had christmas vacation on the brain. Plus Noel coached them then.

Im not concerned about a blow out loss making the flea dogs a better team.

I worry more about Pavs making them look like a better team.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno

i stopped reading at "last year".
different club.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
What about the Jets? They lost a game with 4 seconds left. I'm thinking they aren't going into this one feeling indifferent. The last time they let a game slip away late (Philly). They went on the road and handed it to a much better team then the Yotes (Hawks). I would argue that is more of barometer then what happened last season.

I know that....it's just a deja vu feeling.

TCsmyth

Mar 25, 2011
I was more curious about the documentation you spoke of. You've alluded to it being "well documented", so I was looking for some of that.

Sorry man, wasn't looking to pick a fight - actually started my original post with how I was happy to hear how it seems like Pavelec has become a better pro this year.

I don't have links to articles about his DUI, Lawless or Friesen talking in radio interviews...no interest in looking it up.

Please consider my use of the word "documented" withdrawn if it makes a difference to you. :)

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
No deja vu from last season. We have to believe this team is different. What if we sweep the trip?? Then we will have cast aside all doubts.

It would, but I don't even consider this team our actual team. It's stitched together with masking tape and Lego pieces. So even if we lose all three games, I still have belief we'll return to playoff contender when fully healthy.

Unless Pavs stays below average and Hutch starts looking like a rookie backup.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
It would, but I don't even consider this team our actual team. It's stitched together with masking tape and Lego pieces. So even if we lose all three games, I still have belief we'll return to playoff contender when fully healthy.

Unless Pavs stays below average and Hutch starts looking like a rookie backup.

Well it looks like we will start getting our players back this road trip.

knorthern knight

Mar 18, 2011
GTA
I hate this two evening between games. But i guess its good to have games spaced out while we're waiting for our wounded to rehab.
We've been at most-games-played-in-Central-division, or tied for it, for so long it's not funny. I'd like to see us with games-in-hand, for a change. Anyhow, we'll have some schedule gaps to get our games-played down to everybody else's.

Derfel*

Sorry man, wasn't looking to pick a fight - actually started my original post with how I was happy to hear how it seems like Pavelec has become a better pro this year.

I don't have links to articles about his DUI, Lawless or Friesen talking in radio interviews...no interest in looking it up.

Please consider my use of the word "documented" withdrawn if it makes a difference to you. :)

Nothing personal - I will say I've seen people say things are "well documented", when in fact they aren't. I wasn't sure about this case, so I thought I'd give you the chance to look it up if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad