Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Capitals - Mon Mar 12 6:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
IMG_0661.jpg

Both tied for the league lead in goals. Couldn't write a better script for this game.

Both teams played on Saturday afternoon. Caps games was a few hours later and they had a long flight home from San Jose. The Jets have a practice scheduled but it's probably optional.

The goalies will split the B2B games. Who gets this one?
Any more injuries? Little?
Will the lines get more tinkering?

Reactions: SLAYER

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Man
LAINE TIED OVIE.

great 8 going to be in full beast mode.

Are there any rainforcement for Laine incoming?

Think Laine is going to be pump for this game.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I hope the Jets have something left in the tank for this game. They looked pretty tired and sloppy timing wise yesterday.

It's not this game that you need to worry about what's left in the tank.

Although it's a long road trip the travel has been real easy. Life in the eastern conference.

Reactions: Georgetown Al

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Injuries! :eek: Making a major test of this phase of the road trip.

Will be happy when Trouba returns to the lineup.

Still....the Jets can take this game. GJG

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
IMG_0661.jpg

Both tied for the league lead in goals. Couldn't write a better script for this game.

Both teams played on Saturday afternoon. Caps games was a few hours later and they had a long flight home from San Jose. The Jets have a practice scheduled but it's probably optional.

The goalies will split the B2B games. Who gets this one?
Any more injuries? Little?
Will the lines get more tinkering?

He used to be such a handsome young man. When is Sanna going to stage an intervention?

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
God we need to be MUCH better than yesterday or we are going to get wrecked. We do not match up well with Washington for some reason - their playing style really counters ours.

We could be looking at the business end of a 3 game losing streak after the Nashville game - really need some boys back, SOON.

Reactions: Tommigun

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
It's not this game that you need to worry about what's left in the tank.

Although it's a long road trip the travel has been real easy. Life in the eastern conference.
What have you heard about illness (if anything) I heard Perreault was pretty sick (which explained how gawdawful he was in Philly). You have to think it's affecting others too... maybe Kuli (he looked pretty terrible the last couple games before he got hurt)

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
God we need to be MUCH better than yesterday or we are going to get wrecked. We do not match up well with Washington for some reason - their playing style really counters ours.

We could be looking at the business end of a 3 game losing streak after the Nashville game - really need some boys back, SOON.

Not sure we were as terrible as you make it seem. The Flyers scored twice. Once on a delayed penalty 6 on 5 (we’ve been terrible at this all year actually) a useless penalty Myers committed who then managed to screen Helle. The other goal Helle glove save only crossed the line by a fraction of an inch.

I’ll be happy if Myers can up his play to respectability TBH

Reactions: Jets 31

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
What have you heard about illness (if anything) I heard Perreault was pretty sick (which explained how gawdawful he was in Philly). You have to think it's affecting others too... maybe Kuli (he looked pretty terrible the last couple games before he got hurt)

Perreault and Little have both had the flu as has Myers.Wheeler had it a while back Not sure how far along recovery path they are. Haven’t heard about Kuli being sick. Missed last game UBI

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Not sure we were as terrible as you make it seem. The Flyers scored twice. Once on a delayed penalty 6 on 5 (we’ve been terrible at this all year actually) a useless penalty Myers committed who then managed to screen Helle. The other goal Helle glove save only crossed the line by a fraction of an inch.

I’ll be happy if Myers can up his play to respectability TBH

I still think we were terrible, on a scale to measure the JETS, not another team. I feel even when we play poorly, we still beat subpar clubs like the Flyers.

Our passing was pretty atrocious yesterday. Our battle level was ok but not consistent. We didn't execute well. Good news is we have bounced back really well all year.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I still think we were terrible, on a scale to measure the JETS, not another team. I feel even when we play poorly, we still beat subpar clubs like the Flyers.

Our passing was pretty atrocious yesterday. Our battle level was ok but not consistent. We didn't execute well. Good news is we have bounced back really well all year.

I measure what we give up. We did not execute offensively as well as we normally do. This game though isn’t anywhere near our top ten duds of the season

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
I measure what we give up. We did not execute offensively as well as we normally do. This game though isn’t anywhere near our top ten duds of the season

10 duds out of 68 games played is a dud rate of about 15%. Maybe it's even higher with some duds not quite making the top ten. I'd like to see that dud rate reduced.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Yeah I didn't think it was a good game, everything seemed just a little off. Nobody could complete passes, shots were off, nobody was seeing the open man. It was like the whole team was playing deaf for a game. Oh and players were falling left and right, so maybe an inner ear infection :P

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yeah I didn't think it was a good game, everything seemed just a little off. Nobody could complete passes, shots were off, nobody was seeing the open man. It was like the whole team was playing deaf for a game. Oh and players were falling left and right, so maybe an inner ear infection :P

Well ... that would also explain the deafness. OK, inner ear infection for the whole team it is. :laugh:

They were bad. The fact that they have been worse doesn't make it good. No intensity. I'll write it off as Flu + injuries and move on. Hope they are a lot better tomorrow. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad