Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Blues Feb 9 7:00 CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Jets/Blues are always awesome games regardless of the outcome. Looking forward to this one (as I do for every game actually).

Derfel*

Jets/Blues are always awesome games regardless of the outcome. Looking forward to this one (as I do for every game actually).

Agreed - these teams bring out the best (and worst?) in each other, it seems. Should be a solid one with the Jets building off of their momentum from the Avs game.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
+1.
Jets-Blues just bring something great out in each other. Probably a stylistic match in some ways. Neither team wants to be outdone at their own game.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada

Not sure how Chiarot and Stuart have become immune to taking a seat for a game or two to allow Pardy or Postma to play when the Jets have been reeling and our weak 3rd pairing is part of that. I seem to remember a cure for a bad PK stretch last year was to put Pardy back in.

Anyways GJG

Derfel*

He was SUSPENDED FOR THAT?

Holy hell. The league is a joke. A joke. JOKE.

Derfel*

Wearing a Winnipeg Jets jersey while accidentally high sticking someone is what makes it a suspendable offence, apparently.

... especially after you make mention of the fact that officials target Jets players...

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
... especially after you make mention of the fact that officials target Jets players...

yeah they were probably just waiting for him to drew (ooops draw) their ire and he did.

They were like "hey remember when that sob Stafford in Winnipeg made those comments..I think we have a chance to nail his azz now"

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
I can think of 3 reasons why "refs target Jets" might be a real thing.

1. We take more penalties than anyone else. That creates an unfair bias, but probably an unconscious one. They're watching us more, and expecting to see something. So we end up taking not only more real penalties, but more imagined ones.

2. Some guys on the team may have been overly pissy with the refs. Evander Kane comes to mind. Not sure if this is still an issue, though.

3. Winnipeg is a small market. The refs / NHL Player Safety figure they can make an example out of us without risking the backlash of a more "important" hockey team.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Always enjoy a nice Jets and Blues games. Although was a lot more fun when we were good and in the race last year. Hoping for an entertaining game with emotion. And if we come out with a loss in an exciting 1 goal game, you know its not the end of the world. :handclap: :naughty:

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Lineup I'd like to see...

Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler
Ladd-Little-Armia
Copp-Lowry-Perreault
Thorbs-Burmi-Peluso

Trouba-Buff
Enstrom-Myers
Stuart-Chiarot

Hellebuyck/Hutch

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Not sure how Chiarot and Stuart have become immune to taking a seat for a game or two to allow Pardy or Postma to play when the Jets have been reeling and our weak 3rd pairing is part of that. I seem to remember a cure for a bad PK stretch last year was to put Pardy back in.

Anyways GJG

Not only that but Trouba gets Stu back. WTF?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
yeah they were probably just waiting for him to drew (ooops draw) their ire and he did.

They were like "hey remember when that sob Stafford in Winnipeg made those comments..I think we have a chance to nail his azz now"

and to prove him right. Smaaart.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Lineup I'd like to see...

Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler
Ladd-Little-Armia
Copp-Lowry-Perreault
Thorbs-Burmi-Peluso

Trouba-Buff
Enstrom-Myers
Stuart-Chiarot

Hellebuyck/Hutch
I think the 2nd line will be Ladd , Little , Perreault because then Thorburn can be put back on the 3rd where he belongs . :sarcasm::shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad