• Jonathan Kovacevic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Henri Nikkanen

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Its splitting hairs, but Pesce led his team in per game D scoring at 19. Regardless, those players are closer to the exception than the rule.

Top pair in the Juniors is nice too. Heinola did that at 17.

I like Samberg, but he's being talked about like money in the bank and he's nowhere near the NHL at this point.
That was basically his 20 year old season as a Junior (Nov birth), and he had nothing near as good as Samberg as D teammates. Samberg's team were back to back NCAA champs, and Pesce was on a very weak team.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
That was basically his 20 year old season as a Junior (Nov birth), and he had nothing near as good as Samberg as D teammates. Samberg's team were back to back NCAA champs, and Pesce was on a very weak team.
FWIW, I do expect Samberg to score a pile more this year. That said, not being able to out-produce teammates (even if you have good teammates) isn't an argument for him. As a general rule, only the cream of the crop matters.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I think there's a very good chance he plays in the NHL this season, after his NCAA season.
He will hopefully be signed. He may play if the Jets are bad (or injured) and he's healthy. But he's further from the NHL than Niku, and he's less proven than Niku. Heck, he's less proven than Niku was 3 years ago after hos last year in Liiga (I think he was a top 10 D in Liiga scoring). And he's definitely less proven than Niku was when he was the top D man in the entire AHL.

I like Samberg. I really do, but he's not a sure thing yet. He's never been the best D man on his team, let alone in his league. The hype and the projection are a bit much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad