Prospect Info: Jets Top Prospects Poll: #2 Prospect

Who is the Jets #2 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Went with Samberg but only because Heinola and Niku have to show me they can adapt to the different NA game/ice. Very impressed by Heinola`s showing at such an early age.
When’s the last time we had a hard time picking between 3 stud Ds in these rankings, this is great, used to be elite forwards and Jmo and Trouba, now we have some great Ds in the cupboard.

Reactions: mondo3

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
When’s the last time we had a hard time picking between 3 stud Ds in these rankings, this is great, used to be elite forwards and Jmo and Trouba, now we have some great Ds in the cupboard.

Yea especially after this years draft I really like our D prospect pool now. We will need it though because with Trouba’s exit we took a big step back defensively (temporarily).

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Yea especially after this years draft I really like our D prospect pool now. We will need it though because with Trouba’s exit we took a big step back defensively (temporarily).
May only be for one year. Niku Samberg will be delightful season after. We are one Dman away no doubt but losing Chiarot and Myers and putting in puck movers is a huge step up in that regard this year. Let’s see how the boys defend this year in zone, if Buff stays healthy all year I see our D perform better than last year.

Reactions: Ippenator

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
May only be for one year. Niku Samberg will be delightful season after. We are one Dman away no doubt but losing Chiarot and Myers and putting in puck movers is a huge step up in that regard this year. Let’s see how the boys defend this year in zone, if Buff stays healthy all year I see our D perform better than last year.

It will be interesting we don’t have allot of wiggle room with the health of Buff and Morrissey. Young guys are going to see allot of ice time no matter what. That can be a good thing or a bad thing. As we saw last season with Pionk 23 minutes a night on the top pair with an aging and over the hill Staal was a recipe for the 2nd overall draft pick.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Heinola. From what I have seen, his poise, decision-making and IQ are exceptional for an 18 year old. At age 20, Samberg certainly looks like he has NHL shut-down D potential, but less offensive upside.

Reactions: Ippenator

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
I love Samberg and Heinola and am very excited for both of them, but for me it has to be Niku simply because he's the furthest along and the most developed thus far. Can't go wrong with any of the three though.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
I missed the poll, would've gone with Niku. A lot of people are high are Samberg which is encouraging, I've never seen him play honestly.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Heinola and it’s not even close, with the season he had in Liiga as a 17-year old he should be #1 on this list. Ridiculous that Vesalainen is #1, he’s shown nothing to earn that spot.

I mean as an 18 year old vesalainen had 43 points in 49 games in liiga, and that translated to the AHL so far. I can understand you thinking it could be close between them, but not heinola, ainec.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad