Who is the Jets #2 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Jets Top 20 Prospects - 2019

1. Kristian Vesalainen - 45.4%

The next few positions is where it gets interesting between our top 3 D prospects (I really like all three). We are looking good for young D in the very near future. For those interested here are the top 14 from last summer:

1. Kristian Vesalainen
2. Sami Niku
3. Mason Appleton
4. Dylan Samberg
5. David Gustafsson
6. Brendan Lemieux
7. Michael Spacek
8. Logan Stanley
9. Luke Green
10. Mikhail Berdin
11. Johnathan Kovacevic
12. Eric Comrie
13. Nathan Smith
14. C.J. Suess

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
In the end, I think Heinola might be the better D, but I'm going with Samberg at this point. I think he's the real deal.
In 2-3 years if we have Morrissey, Samberg, Niku, Heinola on our D corps we are looking pretty darn good. Who knows what Buff will do by then but we can sign a big time D to add to that group. I like the future on the back end, and that's not including Stanley, Gawanke, Kovacevic.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Another tough choice but I went with Heinola. He already has a very well rounded game and he has the skill and upside to be a top pairing all around dmen like JoMo. I'm a big fan of Samberg and while he's more advanced he still hasn't shown enough offensive upside for me to say he has top pair potential.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
It's a 3 horse race right now between Samberg, Heinola and Niku.

• Samberg debuted at #9 on the prospects list 2 years ago and was ranked 4th last year.
  • Niku debuted at #20 four years ago, and was ranked 16th in 2016, 4th in 2017 and 2nd last year.
  • Heinola makes his debut this year - presumably in the Top 5.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
It's a 3 horse race right now between Samberg, Heinola and Niku.

• Samberg debuted at #9 on the prospects list 2 years ago and was ranked 4th last year.
  • Niku debuted at #20 four years ago, and was ranked 16th in 2016, 4th in 2017 and 2nd last year.
  • Heinola makes his debut this year - presumably in the Top 5.
Samberg is a shutdown stud
Niku a great puck moving offensive dman
Heinola a combo of both.
All have areas they can improve to be great NHL D's but they are good ones.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Went with Niku. But it’s honestly a toss up between him, Samberg, and Heinola. Went with Niku because he’s further along.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Went with Samberg. Hes got more polish on him so far. Heinola and Niku might have higher ceilings but I feel Samberg is more likely to be an impact player.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Samberg looks good but still has a lot to prove as a 20 year old in the NCAA. Heinola has been every bit as impressive in Finland as an 18 year old. I like Samberg but it should be really hard to justify voting for him over Heinola.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Jets Top 20 Prospects - 2019

1. Kristian Vesalainen - 45.4%

The next few positions is where it gets interesting between our top 3 D prospects (I really like all three). We are looking good for young D in the very near future. For those interested here are the top 14 from last summer:

1. Kristian Vesalainen
2. Sami Niku
3. Mason Appleton
4. Dylan Samberg
5. David Gustafsson
6. Brendan Lemieux
7. Michael Spacek
8. Logan Stanley
9. Luke Green
10. Mikhail Berdin
11. Johnathan Kovacevic
12. Eric Comrie
13. Nathan Smith
14. C.J. Suess

Nikkanen should be in there ahead of half of those guys. 1st round material prior to his injury. Probably Lundmark too.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Heinola and it’s not even close, with the season he had in Liiga as a 17-year old he should be #1 on this list. Ridiculous that Vesalainen is #1, he’s shown nothing to earn that spot.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Heinola and it’s not even close, with the season he had in Liiga as a 17-year old he should be #1 on this list. Ridiculous that Vesalainen is #1, he’s shown nothing to earn that spot.
I was a huge Heinola advocate around the draft, he's gonna be good, but I feel like Niku isn't getting any love here, he breaks through this year, too bad Trouba is gone as Id love to see him thrive along Buff but I think Buff plays with Jmo.

Reactions: Tommigun

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Very close for me between Samberg and Heinola but I am going with Dylan. Watching him at UMD and the world juniors I am really looking forward to seeing a big mobile modern shut down D man in our top 4 that can go up against the best in the league. I realize its hard to project that level at this point but I believe he will be able to compete against the best in the near future. I am not sure if he will ever put up the points but if we could add that Pesce/Josh Manson type I would be really happy.

Reactions: GNP

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I think Samberg is our most valuable prospect (ahead of Veselainen) because he checks off a lot of the boxes that Jacob Trouba did. I think he is more likely to play top 4 minutes in the NHL, having gone the college route. He projects to be a big minute defender, especially after seeing Makar make the jump last year.

Reactions: GNP

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I went Heinola, wouldn’t blame someone for taking Samberg though. Add Berdin.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Went with Samberg - but I think Niku deserves more love here. :laugh: Choice between him and Heinola next time.

Reactions: ps241

ecolad

Nov 17, 2015
Went with Samberg but only because Heinola and Niku have to show me they can adapt to the different NA game/ice. Very impressed by Heinola`s showing at such an early age.

Reactions: ps241

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad