13. Giovanni Vallati - 27.0%
14. Leon Gawanke - 48.1%
15. Michael Spacek - 36.1%
16. Simon Lundmark - 49.1%

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
McKenzie

Everyone else amounts to a pocket full of magic beans.

Harkins could become a 4th liner.

Luoto was brought in to play a depth role. Should be on the list.

Virtanen hasn't lit it up, but he's still got potential.

We'll learn a lot about Wong, Smith and Blaisdell in the NCAA. Their results to date are mighty unimpressive. They are thee beaniest of magic beans.

The goalies... :dunno:

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
I like Harkins more than McKenzie.

1st year was bad .... Got better last year

He will have to improve substantially this year if he hopes to get a Q offer after his ELC.

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
McKenzie

Everyone else amounts to a pocket full of magic beans.

Harkins could become a 4th liner.

Luoto was brought in to play a depth role. Should be on the list.

Virtanen hasn't lit it up, but he's still got potential.

We'll learn a lot about Wong, Smith and Blaisdell in the NCAA. Their results to date are mighty unimpressive. They are thee beaniest of magic beans.

The goalies... :dunno:
McKenzie is definitely as much beans as anyone else at this point, at least Harkins has his size going for him haha.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
nobody imp0rtant wants to watch the world burn, apparently...replying to the other 17th prospect poll. God help us all.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Harkins not because he’s any kind of prospect but because he’s at least proven himself a competent AHLer who may get a cup of coffee in the NHL. Rest of the pack IMO is a coin flip at best to do anything meaningful at the pro level, never mind the NHL.

McKenzie and Virtanen are next up for me, then Jared Moe rounds out my top 20 as an interesting dark horse.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Harkins not because he’s any kind of prospect but because he’s at least proven himself a competent AHLer who may get a cup of coffee in the NHL. Rest of the pack IMO is a coin flip at best to do anything meaningful at the pro level, never mind the NHL.

McKenzie and Virtanen are next up for me, then Jared Moe rounds out my top 20 as an interesting dark horse.
A coin flip is 50/50. I like those odds.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
A coin flip is 50/50. I like those odds.

Sure, except the other side of the coin is like ECHL, beer league, whatever resides in betweeen.

Not to mention even if it “lands right”, you’re probably looking at 3-4 more “flips” to even staying in the NHL on a regular basis.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016

Moe took a very significant step back last year, I’d be more tempted to take a guy like Blaisdell.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Moe took a very significant step back last year, I’d be more tempted to take a guy like Blaisdell.

He did, more specifically in the first half of last season but started to find his game towards the end.

I really liked what I saw from him in prospects camp. He’s big. Big is good when you’re a goalie. His style is quiet but he can move. He took figure skating lessons! As a former goalie, I love this. If you’re a goalie who needs to improve skating (and I was), this is much more useful than power skating.

But other than being a “pet prospect”, I really have no other reasons or justification for picking him top 20. He’s a goalie, and goalies are voodoo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad