Prospect Info: Jets Top Prospects Poll: #10 Prospect

Who is the Jets #10 Prospect?

• Total voters

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Chisholm for me. While still a bit inconsistent he has all the tools of a modern day dmen. He skates really Well, makes good decisions with the puck and has some offense. His d game is also pretty solid.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Chisholm for all the reasons discussed in the last thread. I have a bit of a drop off after him, but there are still some interesting names.

Gawanke - D and D+2 scoring were decent. Love his brain, but I'm worried about his feet.
Vallati - D+1 scoring was nice. Well rounded, similar to Chisholm. Meaner, but a little less slick.
Spacek - Love this kid from a skill perspective, but his production hasn't lived up to his abilities. Could be a nice depth piece.
Stanley - I know he's long gone, but I have him here. I don't like how he moves backwards or handles speed.

Last edited:

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Chisholm because I think he's got the most upside but there are 5-7 players that are pretty close together. All of them need to take some steps forward, but could turn into NHL players of they do. Hopefully a couple of them do.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Reactions: WiscoJet

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I’m going Chisholm, but I’m kinda surprised Spacek hasn’t gotten much love.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Joona Luoto can be added to this list as well, correct? He sign an NHL or AHL deal? Did any of the Finnish fans get to see him in action this year? How did he look?
And Kraskovsky still considered a prospect?

Last edited:
Reactions: Halberdier

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Joona Luoto can be added to this list as well, correct? He sign an NHL or AHL deal? Did any of the Finnish fans get to see him in action this year? How did he look?
And Kraskovsky still considered a prospect?

Joona Luoto is great to what he is, but I am unsure whether he will make it into NHL level. I think he has the attitude to give it a serious try. He is smart and I love his killer instinct with the puck. One of my favourite players.

Honestly cannot compare him to any of the other guys on this list since I haven't seen those other guys playing so once again I will not vote for anyone.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I am a Chisholm fan and honestly at #10 he is a very solid prospect.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Green for me. A lot of people are sleeping on that kid. Though he hasn't played much the last while due to injuries. Kid is an incredible skater and has a very high IQ. I think if he can stay healthy he could be a darkhorse to challenge for a roster spot on the right side this year.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Green for me. A lot of people are sleeping on that kid. Though he hasn't played much the last while due to injuries. Kid is an incredible skater and has a very high IQ. I think if he can stay healthy he could be a darkhorse to challenge for a roster spot on the right side this year.

The injuries are what drops him for me as he has missed close to two years of development time. Kid has the skill though, big year for him on the Moose.

Reactions: Hank Chinaski

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
The injuries are what drops him for me as he has missed close to two years of development time. Kid has the skill though, big year for him on the Moose.
Too bad for the injury string for the kid. At this point it is hard to even know where he stands. He does really need an injury free season to establish himself as a legit prospect.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Chisholm.

Add Harkins. He may not be a shiny new toy and likely won’t be more than a depth piece, but he belongs on this poll ahead of someone like Blaisdell, IMO.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Chisholm.

Add Harkins. He may not be a shiny new toy and likely won’t be more than a depth piece, but he belongs on this poll ahead of someone like Blaisdell, IMO.

Harkins was.much improved on the Moose last year. Another big step forward and he puts himself in the mix for a fourth line role imo. We will need some cheap depth over the next number of years.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I agree he’s got talent and may have a big year with the Moose but to say he’s pushing for a jets roster spot seems pretty unrealistic.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I agree he’s got talent and may have a big year with the Moose but to say he’s pushing for a jets roster spot seems pretty unrealistic.

I think it's only because no one has seen him play in probably 2 years. He's the same age as Stanley and a much better player overall he has just been decimated by injuries. If he's healthy I see no reason he can't push for a 3rd line roster spot this fall. If not he starts the year with the Moose. People are going to be blown away when they see how good this kid is when he is healthy. The funny thing is no one will see it coming and I'll be over here holding up my "I told you so" sign. If not I will eat the crow.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I think it's only because no one has seen him play in probably 2 years. He's the same age as Stanley and a much better player overall he has just been decimated by injuries. If he's healthy I see no reason he can't push for a 3rd line roster spot this fall. If not he starts the year with the Moose. People are going to be blown away when they see how good this kid is when he is healthy. The funny thing is no one will see it coming and I'll be over here holding up my "I told you so" sign. If not I will eat the crow.
Hate to tell you, he’s not making the jets out of camp.
He’s still got potential and a lot of people know his skill set but he needs to gain confidence with big minutes on the Moose.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad