Rumor: Jets to sign Steve Mason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
That's not a Leafs jersey.. :naughty:

teemu_selanne_jets.jpg

Oh yeah I know... Selanne easily has the best rookie season ever, but I'm just repeating a wide spread narritive that Toronto Sports News has been putting in allot of people's heads. Also it was just a joke.

D1G

Apr 13, 2017
Winnipeg Manitoba
Eating the best tasting crow boys. This is the opposite of cheap. We are trying to win next year. First time I truly believe we are going all in for playoffs since we got our believed team back. Love it!!!

Patrik Barkov

Jun 25, 2016
Great signing! Can hopefully return to his form a few years ago. If he doesn't, it'll still be an upgrade.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Who did you hope the Winnipeg Jets would have signed that is not blah?

Well Im not a big fan of any of the UFA's. I was hoping for a trade or something for you guys

Ahhh its still a bit of an upgrade for now but its not a HUGE upgrade. A lot of Philly fans didn't like him and are happy they let him walk

but hey, hopefully he finds his game again and a change of scenery works!!!

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Well Im not a big fan of any of the UFA's. I was hoping for a trade or something for you guys

Ahhh its still a bit of an upgrade for now but its not a HUGE upgrade. A lot of Philly fans didn't like him

It's a GIGANTIC upgrade.

Look at Hutchs numbers. Mason outside last year had ~top 15 numbers. Philly fans spent all of last year proclaiming Provorov and Ghost played with a bunch of corpses, so he'll be coming to a better defense (if healthy) as well.

The icing on the cake would be getting his old goalie coach.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
You guys got a good one, wishing him all the best in Winnipeg. Before last season season, his play in Philly was nothing short of elite. Second best es sv% across 3 seasons in front of a putrid defense. Carrier the team to the playoffs one year starting something like 17 of the final 19 games including many sets of back to backs. Really wish he could have stayed.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
He's super divisive.

Half the Flyers board loves him, the other half hates him.

When he's on, he's amazing.
When he's off, he's unbelievably bad.

He's angrily leaving Philly, partially because 1) they wouldn't commit to him long term, and 2) they wouldn't call him the undisputed starter.

Bristo

The Oracle
Mar 24, 2013
He's super divisive.

Half the Flyers board loves him, the other half hates him.

When he's on, he's amazing.
When he's off, he's unbelievably bad.

He's angrily leaving Philly, partially because 1) they wouldn't commit to him long term, and 2) they wouldn't call him the undisputed starter.

Chip firmly planted on his shoulder. I like it!

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
I'm fine with Mason. And if Mason comes in and wins games and kicks Helly to the curb... too fricken bad for Helly.

This is all about wins... may the best goalie play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad