JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
F6EqiIG.png

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Little has had a very nice season and scoring at a nice clip for Jets, in solid 2nd place.

But his production would only tie Spezza for 5th in scoring on Stars. Crazy.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
Where does the tang talk go? I hear we like drinking the kool-aid around here. ;)

Gonna be a tough one against the Stars.
But we've got one helluva home stand after this.
It'll be an interesting couple weeks.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
We have played more road games than alot of the other central teams , if we can keep winning our home games like we have been .... i think there is some hope for playoffs . Go Helly Go !! Damn he is looking good so far !!!

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Predicting a loss here. Stars aren't tops in the league for nothing. Their firepower is scary.

It was 3-3 in the 3rd period the last game in Dallas and a ppg with 6 minutes left did them in. They out shot Dallas too. I think the Jets get at least a point out of this game.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
weird to say, but i feel like the only way the Jets will win is if they play a run and gun game with the Stars. trade scoring opportunities.
and pray that Hellebuyck stands on his head (again).
otherwise, if the Jets try to play a D-first game, it will just mean zero offense and the same porous D we saw vs Nashville

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
weird to say, but i feel like the only way the Jets will win is if they play a run and gun game with the Stars. trade scoring opportunities.
and pray that Hellebuyck stands on his head (again).
otherwise, if the Jets try to play a D-first game, it will just mean zero offense and the same porous D we saw vs Nashville

Nashville generated almost everything in transition with their neutral zone trap. They stymied our team better than anyone has all season. It was very similar to what we did to the Wild in Helle's first game

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
We have played more road games than alot of the other central teams , if we can keep winning our home games like we have been .... i think there is some hope for playoffs .

Finally, someone mentions the above. Have been mostly lurking this board of late (because the overall tone is too negative for my personal taste), and have been waiting for someone to touch upon the above topic.

The reality is that, IIRC, the Jets after tonight will have played 7 more road versus home games; that is a significant anomaly when judging a team that has played just 40 games thus far. Yet, despite that scheduling disadvantage, they continue to win a fair number of games in regulation/OT relative to the rest of the league:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm?season=20152016&sort=regulationPlusOvertimeWins&type=LEA

None of that has stopped a noisy number of fans here on HF from continually proclaiming the Jets a tire fire in progress however, from firing coaches, trading a good portion of the core, or in other words, prematurely declaring and dealing with a disaster that has yet to occur. IIRC, after tonight, 9 of the Jets next 10 games are at home - which represents a perfect opportunity to recover some lost ground... and especially given that they've a goalie that is playing lights out and that they already have a great winning percentage at home as it is. Yes, they do have to win those home games to get back into the mix. How about we give them a chance to do so though versus tearing everything down like a good number of you apparently want?

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
A playoff-bound team needs to be at least .500 on the road. What is their road record again? How many wins on the road have they had since early Nov? They have a steep hill to climb to do so.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Thanks, Gump. Where do we stand in regulation wins? Are there more than 7-8 teams with more than our 18?

We have 19 and Nashville has 17. All that means is that unlike previous years we will not lose the tiebreaker if we somehow end the season with the same number of points as the Predators. That is still a monumental task but at least we do not have to be one point better this year, at least so far.

JJ McCubbin

Apr 15, 2014
If I calculated correctly, the Jets have played the highest % of games on the road out of all 14 Western teams. Also, they are 4th in points % at home out of the West (behind Dallas, Chicago and Minnesota). I think we'll get a better handle on how this team stacks up at the ASB. 7/9 at MTS between now and then.

Derfel*

Great classic GDT. Good job!

There is no reason why the Jets couldn't and shouldn't win this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad