Pre-Game Talk: Jets @ Stars • Thu, Nov 21 @ 7:30 pm CT • TSN3

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Hopefully cappy can go after a rough outing in Nashville, otherwise our center depth is looking truly thin.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Practice Audio:

Players: Josh Morrissey & Neal Pionk.

Coach Maurice scrum topics: Status of Blake Wheeler and Andrew Copp? How many stitches did Wheeler require? Challenges in the 3rd period to hold leads. The team being comfortable in one goal games. Evolution of this team from chasing to holding leads. Thoughts on the power play.

To listen click here.

Reactions: jefferoni

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
Man Dallas, Colorado continue to win. We must continue doing what we are doing. Breathing space (3 point lead) to the 1st wild card would be welcomed!

I m liking what I am seeing. An identity is starting to come into form. Gritty bunch with timely scoring, great goaltending, and improved defensive zone exits.

GJG

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
All good...

That's good news. I would still like to see Rosie given a chance at C but that line is working pretty well right now as is.

I wish he would also announce that Niku and Chibisov would be playing tomorrow. ;)

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
That's good news. I would still like to see Rosie given a chance at C but that line is working pretty well right now as is.

I wish he would also announce that Niku and Chibisov would be playing tomorrow. ;)
Moose are in Belleville tonight. It would be an easy flight to Dallas from Toronto in the morning if needed. More likely a centre though.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
ed08544cb0cddb3c560ad6265f4f4abb.jpg

I didn't wonder at the Nashville yeller,
Nor praise the deep vermilion in Mo’s chilled nose;
They were but sweet, but don’t deserve a beller*,
Behold our Gell’d Jets, no slatterns, any of those.
Yet seems it winter still, in Dallas, they away,
And in your shadows we HF boardsmen play.

*bel·ler | \ ˈbe-lər\ dialectal variant of "bellow" - a product of my misspent youth, heavy in dialect.

Last edited:

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Another tough game.......Jets need to bring it for 60 mins to win.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

I don't really get wanting to see Rosie at center at this point in time. He is probably in the midst of his biggest development jump forward on a line with Ehlers, to then interrupt this by forcing him to become the defensive conscience of the line with a depleted defense corp seems really unnecessary as we have Wheeler holding this down and playing very well in this role.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg

Pretty difficult with them both in the AHL. Moose are on the road in Ontario & just won their 7th straight tonight over Belleville.

Reactions: sipowicz

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Pretty difficult with them both in the AHL. Moose are on the road in Ontario & just won their 7th straight tonight over Belleville.

Who exactly is Niku an upgrade over of the guys on D now? We've already got two smaller size D men and doubt we need a third, I'd agree Niku was a big upgrade over the potato or the Dullstroom but over Sbisia it might be a wash!

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Last 2 visits to Dallas= 2 PP goals against each game. Hopefully the PK can come through or the Jets aren't given too many penalties.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
I love Copp to death, and he saved the game for us in Nashville in the last few seconds, but perhaps the PP experiment could be modified/tuned up a little?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad