Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
jetcircle_zpsol2ozwfm.jpg
vs
bluescircle_zpstegoob4b.jpg
Winnipeg Jets 23-26-3 (49pts) @ St Louis Blues 30-17-8 (68pts)​

HIT%20IT_zps6yl0cviu.jpg

Game Info (NHL)​

Season series: The St. Louis Blues have defeated the Winnipeg Jets three times this season, and Vladimir Tarasenko has led the way with four goals and three assists. Tarasenko had one goal and two assists in a 4-3 victory at Winnipeg on Dec. 15, one goal and one assist in a 3-2 victory in St. Louis on Nov. 16 and two goals in a 4-2 victory at Winnipeg on Oct. 18. Mathieu Perreault has one goal and three assists in three games for the Jets.
Jets team scope: Winnipeg will be without forward Drew Stafford, who was suspended one game by the NHL Department of Player Safety because of a high-sticking incident against the Colorado Avalanche on Saturday. "He's our leading goal scorer; that's a big hole to fill," coach Paul Maurice said in a video posted to the Jets website. "We'll move some other people up, give some other people an opportunity." Stafford leads the Jets with 16 goals. The Jets signed defenseman Dustin Byfuglien on Monday to a five-year, $38 million extension. He'll be with the Jets through the 2020-21 season. "I believe in what they're trying to do here," he said. "You can't win a Stanley Cup overnight. It's a process and I feel they're in the right state." The win against the Avalanche was the Jets' second in the past seven games (2-5-0), but they're 3-0-1 the past four road games and 4-1-1 the past six away from MTS Center.
Blues team scope: St. Louis will be missing defenseman Alex Pietrangelo, who was placed on injured reserve Monday because of a right knee injury sustained during a 4-1 victory against the Minnesota Wild on Saturday. Pietrangelo will be re-evaluated in three weeks. "Losing a guy like [Pietrangelo], it's not easy. But you can't really dwell on it too much," said goalie Brian Elliott, who will start Tuesday. "He's going to be focusing on getting back and we're just going to try and roll with it while he's gone." Robert Bortuzzo, a healthy scratch the past seven games and 11 of the past 15, will step in and play regularly while Pietrangelo is out. "He's been chomping at the bit," coach Ken Hitchcock said. "He's not been happy at the coach for a little while so he gets a real opportunity. And knowing him he's going to take advantage of it." Left wing Jaden Schwartz (ankle) practiced Monday but will not play.

offense_zpsm1iinksb.jpg

defense_zpsjr4nya08.jpg

stat1_zpsygxamd6j.jpg

stat2_zpshw76tweh.jpg

stat3_zpsvjtny560.jpg

buff_zpsmsvxsgkr.jpg

Previous Match
December 15, 2015 at MTS Center​

Blues 4 Jets 3​

GO JETS GO!

Last edited:

folix

Jul 24, 2011
W DA F! Fantastic! I love Perr with the Guitar with his mouth wide open!

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
another CHF classic :handclap:

expect a big game from the big man today and who will the dukin Dane beat up tonight?

SoCalJetsFan

Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Temecula, CA
Great job on the thread:handclap:

Sometimes I think our board gets a bit negative but I was just on the Blues board and from the comments I see there if I didn't know better I would guess they are 2 points out of last place in the league.

Anyway, lets see if we can get another great effort and take it to the Blues (just can't get onboard with losing). Does Hutch get the start? Seems like maybe he earned it. I expect Buff will have a big game:yo:

Go Jets Go

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach-Maurice-pre-game-vs-Colo-300x189.png

Topics: Giving Burmistrov a chance in top six. Need to use all forwards due to physicality of the Blues. Trying to contain Tarasenko. Biggest benefit to Hellebuyck getting a few days rest? Can they carry the excitement of the Byfuglien signing into the game? Any need to chat with Ladd with him remaining in limbo? What has Ladd done to elevate his game of late? What makes Burmistrov a good fit on the 2nd unit?

To listen click here.

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
Things that worry me:

Tarasenko has 11pts in 10gms against Jets. has only 1 goal in his last 11 so afraid he's going to come out of his slump against us (had 3 pts last game vs Jets)

St. Louis has a good PP and we like to take penalties.

Jets are 0-3 against St. Louis this season although all games have been close.

But the Jets should get a lift with the Buff signing. Maybe the Blues are a little deflated with the Petro injury. Should be an entertaining game watch as usual against St. Louis.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
If we can hold Tarasenko to 2 goals, we might have a chance.

Great BDT :laugh::handclap:......Reaves in the smurf hat is killing me.

Yes we need to keep Vald the impaler to a couple of converts and not a field goal.

gjg

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Jets will win 4-1 and start the longest winning streak of the season , 5 in a row . Go Jets Go !!

folix

Jul 24, 2011
Does anyone ever remember a teams top scorer being suspended for a game from a obviously non-intentional high stick? I mean wasnt even a border line dirty play, they should have handed out a suspension to Matt Cooke for cutting karlsson with his skate?

Where really is the line drawn? So many dirty elbows and cross checks and slash's go completely unpunished and this gets a suspension?

The whole process is a joke.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Ladd-pondering-300x200.jpg

Afternoon Links: Ladd demurs on contract uncertainty as Jets prepare to face Blues. Ladd unsure of what Byfuglien deal means for him. Latest on Schultz, Ladd, Yandle, Reimer. With Ondrej Pavelec “fairly close†what will Jets do about their goalie situation?

Click here.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Does anyone ever remember a teams top scorer being suspended for a game from a obviously non-intentional high stick? I mean wasnt even a border line dirty play, they should have handed out a suspension to Matt Cooke for cutting karlsson with his skate?

Where really is the line drawn? So many dirty elbows and cross checks and slash's go completely unpunished and this gets a suspension?

The whole process is a joke.

For a player with a long and pristine record like Stafford, even a one game suspension for an accidental high stick is utter lunacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad