Confirmed with Link: Jets sign Olsen

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Congrats to him. Is there anyone else from that draft other than Sutter left to sign?

who???

dude's not going to be signed.

if I lived in St John's, I'd be buying season tickets for the next 2 seasons. should be a bloody great team to watch.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Chevy must plan on being busy in the offseason. Getting all the ELC's done now.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Two goaltenders aren't signed.

EDIT: I read the question wrong. Yes Phillips and Helleybuyck are not signed but that's largely irrelevant since we do not lose their rights for 2 more years yet.

Only players that we lose rights to this summer that are not signed are.

June 1st, 2013
C Lukas Sutter (WHL)
RW Yasin Cisse (ECHL)

August 15th, 2013
LW Jordan Samuels-Thomas (NCAA)

Last edited:

jetkarma*

Pretty nice indication of how the Jets feel the last drafts have gone.

Olsen may never amount to more than a fringe prospect but he has intriguing plusses. We'll see how he transitions to a pro game .

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Chevy must plan on being busy in the offseason. Getting all the ELC's done now.

That's what I'm thinking. Maybe he wants prospects to focus on their game rather than getting a contract. Or maybe the Zach Yuen situation has something to do with this. It's also easier to trade proapects woth contracts, but not always.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I never said we'd lose anyone's rights.

Someone asked who from 2012 draft wasn't signed yet besides Sutter

Hellebuyk & Phillips ( 2 goalies)

I doubt they'll ever sign Phillips - he was a longshot 7th rounder anyway. He's not putting up great numbers as a backup at Michigan Tech.

I'm sure they'd sign Hellebuyck if he chose to turn pro right now.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Plus minus sucks... this is slightly better but still kinda sucks:

BceRHzoCAAAE-Sh.png:large

Olsen plays a lot of tough mins. He should be a real good bottom 6 player for the IceCaps next season as Lowry tries to push for a top 6 spot.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Nice to see that the jets thought enough of him to sign him, pretty good for a 6th(?) round pick.

Obviously getting a contract is no guarantee of anything beyond playing AHL/ECHL but it's nice to see that going on two years out we've still picked up 4 legitimate prospects from that draft (trouba, Kissy, Olsen, Hellbebuck)

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
who???

dude's not going to be signed.

Meh. I wouldn't bet on him being signed, but it's not as though the Jets are nearing the contract limit. Chevy blew an early 2nd rounder on him, he might as well sign him for organizational depth.

Austen Brassard didn't exactly tear it up his last year of junior. Now granted, he wasn't an overage player, but he also doesn't have dat Sutter nameplate. :sarcasm:

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Meh. I wouldn't bet on him being signed, but it's not as though the Jets are nearing the contract limit. Chevy blew an early 2nd rounder on him, he might as well sign him for organizational depth.

Austen Brassard didn't exactly tear it up his last year of junior. Now granted, he wasn't an overage player, but he also doesn't have dat Sutter nameplate. :sarcasm:

Sutter has certainly been disappointing. At this point, who knows if he will be signed. Personally, I'd still sign him and see how he does in the next couple seasons. As of right now all I am hoping for is a pain is the ass, pesky, agitating, 4th line player who can bring some toughness and grit. If he can at least turn in to that, it's better than nothing. Teams can always use that type of player, I think, so long as he isn't hurting the team and costing them wins.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

Brassard is also not even able to crack the St. John's lineup with any consistency. There's no point in signing players for the sake of signing them, or covering your ass. If the player does not progress, he does not progress. Move on. Sutter was a blown pick, no need to send good money after the bad.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Scott Brown makes it official

@BrownScottTN: #NHLJets agree to terms with centre @rolsen94 on a three-year, two way, entry level contract.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
I haven't seen Olsen live but he doesn't look overly impressive on all the highlights I've seen.

Has anyone here had a chance to see him in person, and if so, can you fill us in on him? What do you like about his game?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad