Confirmed with Link: Jets Sign Laine To ELC ($925K AAV - $2.65M perf bonus)

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Patrik-Laine-signing-autographs-300x225.jpg

You can hear full post-contract chat with Jets newly signed prospect Patrik Laine.

Topics: Had a week in the city, what has he learned? What was it like to get the contract signed? What did he think of the reception from the fans? What was the reaction back in Finland when he went second overall? Surprised by the celebrity status he has received in Winnipeg? Has he had a chance to check out the city? How much time will he need before he gets back on the ice? How much is he looking forward to the World Cup? Anything he learned in the World Championship in Russia? On the injury he suffered. What was the most interesting think you signed? Did Mark Scheifele talk about the way Team Canada focused on Laine in the World Championship? Has it sunk in yet that this is now real? Who does he skate with back home? Any purchases in mind for that signing bonus?

Listen here.

Last edited:

Luc Labelle

Lucius 895 Injuries
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2005
Winnipeg
Ooh, really contested in whether to get a Scheifele, Ehler or Laine jersey. May need to wait a few more seasons to decide!

Contested, what are you waiting for? They are all deserving and I have one of each.

Forgot I have two of Scheifele, I added a beauty military one this year.

Last edited:

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Contested, what are you waiting for? They are all deserving and I have one of each.

Forgot I have two of Scheifele, I added a beauty military one this year.

Graduate students don't always have $300-500 to throw around on jerseys! :lol:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Some of it is a GP bonus but if he performs as expected and stays healthy he could earn most of that money

Unlikely. Im pretty sure schedule b bonuses are like hart trophys and 1st team all stars. Id have to check later though. Almost no one hits their sched b bonuses (toews did with a conn smythe and it cost chi ladd).

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Ooh, really contested in whether to get a Scheifele, Ehler or Laine jersey. May need to wait a few more seasons to decide!

This is seriously the biggest dilemma in my life right now... :help:

Congratulations on joining the Jets Laine! Can't wait for Training Camp and next season!

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Unlikely. Im pretty sure schedule b bonuses are like hart trophys and 1st team all stars. Id have to check later though. Almost no one hits their sched b bonuses (toews did with a conn smythe and it cost chi ladd).

$1.8M if he snags the Rocket from Ovi! :yo:

ComplexChris

#RideTheLAINE
Feb 27, 2014
Lainepeg
Saw him earlier today literally right before he signed his ELC, what a beauty.

Saw him again right after he signed his ELC and shouted at him "Patrik! Congrats on signing the ELC!" :laugh:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

Panarin did it last season. Got 100% of his potential bonus

Here was how his bonus was structured

$225,000 in Games Played bonuses in 2015-16. Games Played bonuses: $25,000 for 5 GP, $200,000 for 10 GP. $850,000 Schedule A bonuses, $1,725,000 in Schedule B bonuses in both 2015-16 and 2016-17. Schedule A bonuses (max $850,000): $212,500 for any of the following achievements - top 6 forward on team in ice time (total or average, min 42GP), 20 goals, 35 assists, 60 points, top 3 forward on team in +/- (min 42GP), 0.73 points per game (min 42GP), All Rookie team, All Star game, All Star game MVP. Schedule B bonuses (max $1,725,000): $1,725,000 for any of the following achievements - top 10 forward in the league in goals/assists/points/points per game (min 42GP), top 5 in league in Hart/Selke/Richard voting, NHL First or Second team all star, Conn Smythe

http://www.generalfanager.com/players/2097

Last edited:

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
I like him on a line with LIttle as center and Perrault at the other wing.

Don't touch the best line in the last 10 games point gathering wise with Ehlers Schief Wheels

Great to hear he plans to live here.

Welcome Patrick

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Would rather have Laine - Little - Stafford as the 2nd line.

I want a solid puck mover. Stafford is more of a scorer (though not a very prolific one) that and his game is more set up and cycle than on the fly. Perreault, Ehlers or Wheeler should be on the other wing of Laine's line they are more on the fly players and it seems that is how Laine generates offence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad