Confirmed with Link: Jets sign Dylan Samberg to a two-year, $1.4M AAV contract

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
A favorite of mine since he's been drafted and always ranked him high in the annual prospect thingy.
He is an UFA in 2026 according to puckpedia.
I would have liked longer but not going to bitch about samberg at 1.4m for two years.
Keep it up Chevy.
Vilardi at 2 x 3.25m?

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Obviously longer term would be great but yeah this deal makes the most sense for him for where he's at in his career
A bit surprised at this one -- given the season and then tournament DS had I thought the Jets it might have pushed for a longer deal to wrap up some UFA years before the price goes a whole lot higher.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Good contract. He'll be up when our expensive RD are off rhe cap.

A bit surprised at this one -- given the season and then tournament DS had I thought the Jets it might have pushed for a longer deal to wrap up some UFA years before the price goes a whole lot higher.

Defensive D generally don't make a killing so I'm not top worried about his third deal. Plus Pionk/Schmidt are off the cap then so plenty of room for him if he does explode and demand a big deal.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
At the beginning of last season I was wow this kid has a long way to go, at the end of the season I was like this kid came a long way. If he continues to elevate his play this contract will look like a steal.
I guess sometimes that happens when you finally give them a real shot.
Hopefully Heinola gets that shot this season.
Well deserved raise.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I was hoping for an long term 8 year deal... would have gone much higher than 1.4m as well.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
He doesn't have a full seasons worth of games yet and hasn't really played much beyond a third pair level

Imo smart and expected decision from him not to anchor to a low long term aav

Yep he's a good example of doing very well playing sheltered minutes that's earned a better look. Bets on himself and also doesn't tie the Jets down if he doesn't succeed with more responsibility.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad