Confirmed with Link: Jets sign D Julien Brouillette to 600k one year, two-way contract.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Looks to be an undersized older LH career AHL D-man.

Which leads me to the question... Why?

I think my jokes about Chevy having "Day Off" right on the top of his business card finally got to him.

But yeah, he's a journeyman AHL player who cracked the bigs for the first time in his career last year for a monumental 1G - 1A in 10 games. Eh, why not, nothing wrong with cheap gambles. May even be for the minor league team's benefit alone.

theamazingchris

Jan 18, 2013
Winnipeg
So where exactly does this guy slot in on the depth chart? I'm assuming below Ellerby/Pardy, right? So.... is this guy ahead of a callup? If he is, why is that? If he isn't, why do we have him on a two-way? Doesn't make sense. It's not gonna matter one way or another, but I just don't want another Redmond because of guys like this. That's what I'm worried about.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Initial reaction is that this is AHL depth and nothing more.

hockey-brent

Sep 1, 2006
Winnipeg
I guess Chevy doesn't want us saying he isn't doing anything... Sheesh.

I'm a Caps fan as well and don't even know about this dude. :shakehead

In terms of depth chart, I can't see how this guy even gets a sniff over others...

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Looks like the Ice Caps will have the talent to make another long Calder Cup run! Way to go Chevy!:sarcasm:

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Any chance they could re-locate to Winnipeg? Would be nice to see some live playoff hockey sometime in the next 3 years...

Hey your on to something, if the Cap's do move out of St. Johns they may need a temporary home until the new barn in Thunder Bay is built maybe some of us just aren't giving Chevy enough credit there could be pro playoff hockey here after-all just not by the Jets!;)

Chevy's 5 + 3 year plan B AHL edition

hockey-brent

Sep 1, 2006
Winnipeg
Hey your on to something, if the Cap's do move out of St. Johns they may need a temporary home until the new barn in Thunder Bay is built maybe some of us just aren't giving Chevy enough credit there could be pro playoff hockey here after-all just not by the Jets!;)

Sounds like he'll earn another contract extension then! :shakehead

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Sounds like he'll earn another contract extension then! :shakehead

Yup, the self-proclaimed smartest GM in the whole darn world may just be in for another fat extended contract, really don't know what Ol'Chips is waiting for!:rant:

;)

:laugh:

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
Oh my god there's been an AHL signing, fire Chevy for not signing one of the non existent AAA free agents in August.

hockey-brent

Sep 1, 2006
Winnipeg
Oh my god there's been an AHL signing, fire Chevy for not signing one of the non existent AAA free agents in August.

Don't worry, he's looking at Triple-A level signings next. Gotta stock up that Ontario Reign!

(I realize that's not what you meant in terms of AAA free agents... ;))

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
The responses to this signing are funny, but really he's likely nothing more than than a 9-10-11 defence men meant to play for the IC.

Nothing exciting but whatever.

NBjet

May 24, 2014
What's wrong with signing a player with some NHL experience for the farm team? They want to ice a competitive team down there too. Odd reaction... he must be thrilled with the Jets fan base so far...

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
What's wrong with signing a player with some NHL experience for the farm team? They want to ice a competitive team down there too. Odd reaction... he must be thrilled with the Jets fan base so far...

People are just frustrated at the slow progress, this will happen missing the playoffs three years straight and a good chance at four years straight. Add this to the fact that WPG/Jets/Chevy are starting to be openly mocked by bloggers, sports writers, other fans, sports analysts.......Jets fans are starting to question their own teams management. To be expected

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad