Confirmed with Link: Jets Sign Comrie

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Wonder why they decided to sign him this soon. I can't see any real reason to.

There's not exactly a reason NOT to, but unless he's playing NHL next year him having a contract was fairly pointless.
Yeah. I don't get the rush, but he'd have to flop really really hard to not get a deal next year. *shrug*

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Wonder why they decided to sign him this soon. I can't see any real reason to.

There's not exactly a reason NOT to, but unless he's playing NHL next year him having a contract was fairly pointless.

Your post makes sense. He can't play in the AHL (too young), so can't earn his $70,000 there, won't play in the NHL likely for the term of the contact (goalies take years to develop) so won't likely ever earn that $925,000. His next contract is where his NHL money will be.

What you're missing is THE SIGNING BONUS. Capgeek hasn't posted Comrie's specifics yet, but it's likely $90,000. This is money he can use toward off season training with people like Gary Roberts.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Your post makes sense. He can't play in the AHL (too young), so can't earn his $70,000 there, won't play in the NHL likely for the term of the contact (goalies take years to develop) so won't likely ever earn that $925,000. His next contract is where his NHL money will be.

What you're missing is THE SIGNING BONUS. Capgeek hasn't posted Comrie's specifics yet, but it's likely $90,000. This is money he can use toward off season training with people like Gary Roberts.

True although he's not hurting for money, his dads a billionaire after all lol.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
If anything it seems kind of like a Christmas present and I can't say he didn't deserve it. Easily been the guy that's keeping his team afloat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad