Rumor: Jets Shopping Burmi

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
it's interesting that this was leaked.
not sure how that's beneficial unless it's to light a fire under Burmi or have him leave the team for Russia again.
anyone noticing that we're getting more Jets-related leaks this year than previous years?

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
I would say send him packing south, but we all know its either east or west with this kid.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I'd say trade him for some practice pylons but they already have Stu and Thor.

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Next step the waiver wire

Yep, probably. You always want to see if you can trade a player before you send him down and he gets claimed and you get nothing.

Burmi isn't even playing on the PK anymore. He's fallen pretty far from where he was before he went to the KHL.

alchemyindex

vereor nox
Jan 20, 2013
Winnipeg
I would hope a bit higher than a 4th liner.

Don't think so.

I doubt Burmi makes it out of November on the Jets, if any number of injured people come back. All of our call-ups are better than him.

I wonder if Halischuk has an out clause with his team in Germany, maybe he wants to come be depth again...

civic204

Jun 1, 2012
I always thought he'd be a throw-in if there was a significant trade this year.

Cheap contract, former first rounder.. sounds pretty good.:sarcasm:

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
I may need a compass to make sense of this thread. :laugh:

I was hoping he would pick up where he left off last year but ..... no such luck. I'm ready to give up. I think he would clear waivers right now.

Burmi... I have tried so hard to like you. You show occasional glimpses of real talent, and looked good in the early years. I feel like you just have to put it all together, but never do.

He's the Jets' Yakupov.

The Jets' injury bug may buy him one last shot at proving he should be here. But if he was traded now, I wouldn't have a hard time saying goodbye.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad