Melchiori-Buff
Morrissey-Strait
Stuart-Nogier

?

That could be a problem.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
Northern MB
Strange, I figured for sure it would've been Kichton getting the call. Wonder why we even bothered signing him to an NHL deal this past summer.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing Nogier in his NHL debut.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Strange, I figured for sure it would've been Kichton getting the call. Wonder why we even bothered signing him to an NHL deal this past summer.

Kitchton was a healthy scratch for the last Moose game

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

He was a healthy scratch last game. Looks like the org has m9ved on from him. The surprising thing is that Nogier has leap frogged Kostelek on the depth chart.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Kostalek and Kichton are the only Moose players with an NHL contract right now, and both have been healthy scratches recently... yikes.

Pray for no more injuries.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
He was a healthy scratch last game. Looks like the org has m9ved on from him. The surprising thing is that Nogier has leap frogged Kostelek on the depth chart.

Don't agree with that at all. I've been impressed with Nogiers rookie season considering where he started, but he is not caught up to Kostalek. But Kostalek has been getting the short end of the stick since arriving in Manitoba while they seem intent on handing everything to Nogier so it's really not surprising.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Kostalek and Kichton are the only Moose players with an NHL contract right now, and both have been healthy scratches recently... yikes.

Pray for no more injuries.

aux contraire - if more injuries can't they start brining up junior guys on an emergency basis. Green (and is that all)?

Bwadlay

Feb 22, 2016
What we have to do is hope for a couple more injuries on the blue line.

Can you imagine how bush league Chevy and the Jets would look running ECHL d'men because they wouldn't go find decent depth players?

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005

The 10 games I have taken in this year on the Moose I think Nogier has looked more and more impressive as the season went along. Kostelek still looks like the same guy that came out of Junior which is disappointing. I expect to see him back in the Czech republic some day earning an easy pay day

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
aux contraire - if more injuries can't they start brining up junior guys on an emergency basis. Green (and is that all)?

Not exactly. So that provision is only for signed junior players. The Jets do not have any signed junior defensemen that are healthy. A player like Green could be brought in on an ATO at any time, but only for one game. If the Jets have 3 more injuries on the blueline without getting anyone back (because they would have to use up Kostalek and Kichton) then they could sign Green and call him up.

jets can still make trades with non-playoff teams can't they? or trade for minor leaguers?

Jets can trade with any team. You can make trades after deadline, but those players are ineligible to play in the playoffs (since it's past the AHL deadline this would include AHL playoffs as well).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad