Recalled/Assigned: Jets recall Hutchinson from Ice Caps

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Who's left in SJ? Pasquale +1?

Pasquale is out for the season.

Currently it's Beskorowany (who they signed after Pasquale went down) and either Olkinuora or someone else that they sign - either someone from the NCAA or ECHL.

The wildcards are if Hellebuyck and the team decide it's time for him to go pro. Although that still wouldn't be for a little while as his team is playing in the hockey East tournament and are somewhat favourites to win (although injuries have hit the squad). Then there's Comrie who could join when his Tri City team gets eliminated from the WHL playoffs.

knorthern knight

Mar 18, 2011
GTA
Slightly OT for this thread but I thought that players who are injured couldn't be bought out?
According to the CBA "Exhibit 15 Critical Date Calendar"
  • First Buy-Out Period Begins "Later of June 15 or 48 hours after conclusion of Stanley Cup Finals"
  • First Buy-Out Period Ends June 30 (5:00 p.m. New York time)
I remember that Jokinen's late season high-ankle-injury lasted beyond the window, and made it impossible for him to be bought out last summer. Does Pavelec's injury look likely to keep him out past the end of June?

Do we have any back-to-backs remaining? That would be the most likely circumstance to see Hutchinson in, barring an injury to Montoya.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
According to the CBA "Exhibit 15 Critical Date Calendar"
  • First Buy-Out Period Begins "Later of June 15 or 48 hours after conclusion of Stanley Cup Finals"
  • First Buy-Out Period Ends June 30 (5:00 p.m. New York time)
I remember that Jokinen's late season high-ankle-injury lasted beyond the window, and made it impossible for him to be bought out last summer. Does Pavelec's injury look likely to keep him out past the end of June?

Do we have any back-to-backs remaining? That would be the most likely circumstance to see Hutchinson in, barring an injury to Montoya.

Was that actually the case though? I remember some were speculating that's why they didn't buy him out, but I don't think they ever intended to buy him out. There was also another window opened when we had all those RFAs opt for arbitration, I thought...

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Pasquale is done for the year (surgery). For tonight's game it's Tyler Beskorowany (signed last month) and Ryan Mior (emergency signing?).

Either they'll stay with that or bring Olkinuora up from the ECHL.

Depends. Mior hasnt played since 2010 hes an emergency goalie. If Pavs injury is serious my guess is IceCaps sign Aaron Dell or Peter Delmas type out of ECHL.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Depends. Mior hasnt played since 2010 hes an emergency goalie. If Pavs injury is serious my guess is IceCaps sign Aaron Dell or Peter Delmas type out of ECHL.

Yeah, I've heard Olkinuora has been pretty bad at both AHL and ECHL level so that would make sense. I was reading somewhere that Mior plays in the NL senior men's league so it must be an emergency thing.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Yeah, I've heard Olkinuora has been pretty bad at both AHL and ECHL level so that would make sense. I was reading somewhere that Mior plays in the NL senior men's league so it must be an emergency thing.

Mt.Pearl Senior Blades. This is true. Also, Jussi wasn't THAT bad at the AHL level IIRC. No eddie or Hutch, but servicable a game here and there.

I wouldn't dare say he's able to go at the AHL level. But as of right now in his own league, he's the best goalie in NL. Second to the guy who practises with the ice caps, A.J Whiffen.

What's the story of Pavs? Any time line for a return?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Mt.Pearl Senior Blades. This is true. Also, Jussi wasn't THAT bad at the AHL level IIRC. No eddie or Hutch, but servicable a game here and there.

I wouldn't dare say he's able to go at the AHL level. But as of right now in his own league, he's the best goalie in NL. Second to the guy who practises with the ice caps, A.J Whiffen.

For the Ice Caps sake hopefully soon!

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

Yeah sorry meant to say "play competitively. My cousin used to the same thing for the Moose after he retired from pro hockey as well (just playing senior AAA at that point), he was never going to play.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Yeah sorry meant to say "play competitively. My cousin used to the same thing for the Moose after he retired from pro hockey as well (just playing senior AAA at that point), he was never going to play.

for sure, I wouldn't trust Mior at that level, maybe at the ECHL, but not here. Pretty nice guy though, was my goalie coach for a few years there. Dude knows his stuff and can grow one hell of a handle bar mustache

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad