Recalled/Assigned: Jets recall Hutchinson from Ice Caps

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Uhm... Split feelings here. I want to see how he does against NHL-teams... But I don't really want to screw over the Ice Caps.

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
Uhm... Split feelings here. I want to see how he does against NHL-teams... But I don't really want to screw over the Ice Caps.

Dont really have a choice though, this is a clear sign Pavelec is going to be out for at least a few games.

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
Nice no Pavagarbage for a few games, he must have got his feelings hurt after letting in 2 easy goals on 5 shots!

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
The crappy part is that he likely won't see the ice unless he impresses Maurice in practice. Worst of both worlds.

Well... I actually have a theory on this. Is it possible that Montoya is just flat out terrible in practices? Considering it's now been two coaches that have refused to play him despite him outplaying our #1 goalie, it feels like there is something we're missing.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Feel bad for the Caps, taking the leauges hottest goalie from them in the middle of there streak.

But that's why they are there. An NHL farm team.

Would love to see him play a game, don't think it happens though. Unless Monty plays terrible.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Well if Pavs is out for a prolonged stretch and this screws the Ice Caps I will be choked (even though there is no real choice). The only upside to a prolonged injury is maybe its the last we see of Pavs in a Jets uniform. I am tired of our goaltending problems and I am tired of the topic.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Feel bad for the IceCaps during their run. :(
Feel good for Hutchison - nice that he gets a shot with the Jets. :nod:

I think we'll see him in a game during his call-up. Unfortunately, with the way he's been playing he might actually worsen our draft position. ;)

Well if Pavs is out for a prolonged stretch and this screws the Ice Caps I will be choked (even though there is no real choice). The only upside to a prolonged injury is maybe its the last we see of Pavs in a Jets uniform. I am tired of our goaltending problems and I am tired of the topic.

Totally with you bro.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay

Slightly OT for this thread but I thought that players who are injured couldn't be bought out?

Just Ducky

Jan 8, 2012
Well... I actually have a theory on this. Is it possible that Montoya is just flat out terrible in practices? Considering it's now been two coaches that have refused to play him despite him outplaying our #1 goalie, it feels like there is something we're missing.

Or Pavs is a really good practice goalie. :dunno:

Good for Hutchinson- I would really like to see him start a couple and impress.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Once Tri-City is done, could Comrie go down to St Johns? Or even just back up Montoya for a few games? Or is that way to much for him?

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Once Tri-City is done, could Comrie go down to St Johns? Or even just back up Montoya for a few games? Or is that way to much for him?

I asked the same question about Comrie going to St Johns to back up Hutch before Pavs got hurt. My belief is it can't hurt at this point.....get him into practice and see how he looks. Honestly Tri-City is the perfect firing range to get him ready for this challenge.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg

If professional goalies are being evaluated based on practice, the problems run much deeper into the organization.

I tend to think it is more a matter of one guy on a long-term deal for $3.9 million and one guy on one year deals at $600K. Pavelec always comes up with 2-3 great games just as he's about to completely lose any and all hope from the coaches/managment, then he stinks again.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Great success story for Hutch, happy for him, but too bad for Pasquale, guy just can't get a break and getting injured may have cost him a recall.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Slightly OT for this thread but I thought that players who are injured couldn't be bought out?

Pavelec stuck around long enough to cost the Jets the playoffs, then got injured so he couldn't help our draft position and now wants to avoid the buyout so he can do it all again next year.

Seems like he just hates us all.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Pavelec stuck around long enough to cost the Jets the playoffs, then got injured so he couldn't help our draft position and now wants to avoid the buyout so he can do it all again next year.

Seems like he just hates us all.

And as ps241 mentioned, messed up the IceCaps during their playoff push / during the playoffs as well by forcing a recall. Quite an accomplishment. :nod:

That said, I never like to see a player hurt or injured. Hope it's nothing serious.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
True! Let's hope Pavs injury isn't too bad.

I think that one way or another, this injury will prove to be a hidden blessing in that the turd in the punch bowl will now be addressed. There can be no argument of Montoya having his starts protected, being sheltered as the backup, teams not preparing hard against him, etc. He will play as the #1 for a protracted stretch of time, and if he really is the "lesser of two evils" that I think he is, there will be no hiding it.

I'll say this much, it's given me a reason to really cheer hard for the Jets, with the playoffs all but impossible (1.1% and falling). I want this for Ãlvaro.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
And as ps241 mentioned, messed up the IceCaps during their playoff push / during the playoffs as well by forcing a recall. Quite an accomplishment. :nod:

That said, I never like to see a player hurt or injured. Hope it's nothing serious.

100% agree!

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012

Or Pavs is a really good practice goalie. :dunno:

I hold the same theory. There is consensus among lots of hockey insiders/mavens that Pavs is clearly the better of the two and Montoya is no more than backup material, despite their respective numbers. Why is that? I'm not so arrogant as to think we have all the information they have or can make better decisions based on commonly available stats.
My one beef is that they never gave Montoya a chance to prove his value one way or the other over a large enough number of games. Now is his chance.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
It may sound bad, but this is exactly what I was hoping for (and i mentioned it in the Pavelec thread). With him being injured for "at least 2 games", this gives us a chance to assess what we have in Montoya (to see if he's starter worthy, or just a very good backup).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad