Confirmed with Link: Jets Re-sign Klingberg (1 year/$650k)

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Pretty much - if he gets a call up, he better be ready to do whatever it takes to stick.

Barring another FA signing or a trade I like his chances of sticking out of TC. Once Frolik is signed the Jets will have 12 F. That leaves room for both Klinger and O'Dell. If Morrissey makes the team then either of those forwards or a D has to move. O'Dell is not signed at all yet either.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
Barring another FA signing or a trade I like his chances of sticking out of TC. Once Frolik is signed the Jets will have 12 F. That leaves room for both Klinger and O'Dell. If Morrissey makes the team then either of those forwards or a D has to move. O'Dell is not signed at all yet either.

Jets usually keep 13 forwards, 8 defencemen and 2 goalies.

Currently have 11 forwards and 7 D. Add Frolik and it's 12 forwards. O'Dell makes the team over Klinger so there's your 13th. I think Klinger is the first callup, but won't start with the team. Morrissey is the 8th D to start the year.

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
I really like what Klingberg brings to the table. I hope he can find a role with the Jets.

I agree with the above posters who suggested that with this contract, Chevy effectively told Klinger, "Son, I'm from Missouri...".

Evidently, Chevy was not a current or former resident of Missouri when he inked Pavelec, but I digress.

Go Klinger Go!

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Good signing. Absolutely no risk. 2 way contract to help out the Ice Caps if he can't eke out a living on the 4th line.

EastRiver

Jul 1, 2012
Canada
I'd love to see Klingberg turn into an everyday NHL player but I'll be honest I don't have much confidence in him becoming that.

MadMen88

Oct 19, 2011
James Wright, Eric Tangradi and Devin Setoguchi all had great looks at playing bottom six last year. It's time to give Klinger a real chance. I hope he's in the line up on opening night playing with at least one guy that can feed him the puck or vice versa.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Jets usually keep 13 forwards, 8 defencemen and 2 goalies.

Currently have 11 forwards and 7 D. Add Frolik and it's 12 forwards. O'Dell makes the team over Klinger so there's your 13th. I think Klinger is the first callup, but won't start with the team. Morrissey is the 8th D to start the year.

IF Morrissey makes it yes 13 +8 +2. If not they could start the season 14 + 7. Klinger could be sent down when/if they get another D or decide to bring Morrissey back after 20-30 games.

I don't know if O'Dell is firmly ahead of Klinger or not. He has more NHL experience and is more versatile but he didn't exactly knock anybodies socks off with the Jets last year. He has not yet been resigned either although I don't want to go reading anything into that yet. I think Klinger/O'Dell will be determined in TC & exhibitions.

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
James Wright, Eric Tangradi and Devin Setoguchi all had great looks at playing bottom six last year. It's time to give Klinger a real chance. I hope he's in the line up on opening night playing with at least one guy that can feed him the puck or vice versa.

I don't see Klingberg ever being more than a 4th line energy guy. Maybe I'm wrong though.

MadMen88

Oct 19, 2011
I don't see Klingberg ever being more than a 4th line energy guy. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Perhaps, but given the current state of the Jets bottom six, I don't see why they wouldn't try pairing him with someone who can skate (O'Dell)...I think the best thing going for the Jets right now is the new faces/combos we're gonna see in the bottom six.

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow

I can see him being a really good 4th line energy/possession/scoring guy that can fill in on 3rd line if injuries call for it and that's not insignificant

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
My thoughts as well. As much as I'd like him to be more than that I just don't see it.

I still hope he can play on the 3rd but I know that is probably unjustified optimism. He might be a very good 4th though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad