Speculation: Jets New Assistant Coach Target

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Claude Noel! :sarcasm:

I’m actually not sure though, they’ll probably just hire someone we’ve never heard of.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
This guy. :nod:

tenor.gif

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Perhaps Scott Arniel if he is on the outs with Washington. He has ties to the city and used to coach the Moose. He has pretty extensive assistant coaching experience with teams with a lot of talent like the Rangers and Caps.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
If there is no AHL, I think Vincent would just step in. Otherwise my vote is for Bryan Little, because I think centres make good coaches, and I think I was on these boards asking for Hawerchuk at least 10 times.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
TBA not only do they need a new assistant coach, to replace the one we lost........I've said for years I'm not a big fan of Huddy. I doubt they replace Huddy this offseason but I wouldn't mind seeing a new defensive coach to replace him to work with our D.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
TBA not only do they need a new assistant coach, to replace the one we lost........I've said for years I'm not a big fan of Huddy. I doubt they replace Huddy this offseason but I wouldn't mind seeing a new defensive coach to replace him to work with our D.

Do you have anyone in mind for that role?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
If there is no AHL, I think Vincent would just step in. Otherwise my vote is for Bryan Little, because I think centres make good coaches, and I think I was on these boards asking for Hawerchuk at least 10 times.

Not sure but I think Little would need to retire to be hired as a coach. That would mean walking away from his trust fund.

Maybe after his contract expires.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Do you have anyone in mind for that role?

Truthfully no at least no good Rumor but I wouldn't mind seeing them maybe go to Europe even.......maybe team Finland.

Maybe Jukka Jalonen, Team Finland head coach. Plus the only coach along with Babcock to have won both IIHF WC and U20 IIHF WC. Finland play has a similar style to Canada (or NHL) with a European twist to it of course......bring him in as the new assistant coach and he might be our succession plan to eventually replace PMO one day (along with in house grown Vincent). He's currently under contract for three more years in Europe, but might hold a NHL clause (which is not uncommon).

Not sure his relationship with Laine & Heinola, so barring nothing negative then maybe. Finland is a very good team, we have a several high end Finnish players between the Jets & Moose.......he might help the team overall and help our Finnish players develop in North America.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Truthfully no at least no good Rumor but I wouldn't mind seeing them maybe go to Europe even.......maybe team Finland.

Maybe Jukka Jalonen, Team Finland head coach. Plus the only coach along with Babcock to have won both IIHF WC and U20 IIHF WC. Finland play has a similar style to Canada (or NHL) with a European twist to it of course......bring him in as the new assistant coach and he might be our succession plan to eventually replace PMO one day (along with in house grown Vincent). He's currently under contract for three more years in Europe, but might hold a NHL clause (which is not uncommon).

Not sure his relationship with Laine & Heinola, so barring nothing negative then maybe. Finland is a very good team, we have a several high end Finnish players between the Jets & Moose.......he might help the team overall and help our Finnish players develop in North America.

Good out of the box idea. I have no idea why we don't see more European coaches in the league.

Reactions: Duke749

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Good out of the box idea. I have no idea why we don't see more European coaches in the league.

Another option is Kari Jalonen, former Team Finland coach and is currently unemployed (was fired from SC Bern in January).

Reactions: mondo3

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Not sure but I think Little would need to retire to be hired as a coach. That would mean walking away from his trust fund.

I have no idea what the rules are for that. Injured players have been allowed behind the bench. He could always play at any time, I think it would be good though to keep him around the team. He'd have a part in their success.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Well Pronger has worked for the league office, and the Florida Panther organization while being on the LTIR due to his career ending concussion.

If a Dr rules Little done for his career I see no reason why he can't take a front office/coaching job with the Jets.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I have no idea what the rules are for that. Injured players have been allowed behind the bench. He could always play at any time, I think it would be good though to keep him around the team. He'd have a part in their success.

Yeah, there have been playing coaches, so why not? I don't know the rules either. That was just speculation.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

I think the Jets should focus on getting any assistant coach that can motivate and guide Laine and KVes and Heinola to maximize their potential.

Reactions: Buffdog

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Thorbs

Seriously, tho. I wonder if tnse uses this opportunity to bring in an heir for pomo. I can see there be some sort of transition where chevy becomes president of hockey operations and pomo to gm or vice versa. They seem to love these guys.

Reactions: sipowicz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad