OT: Jets Lounge: The Farts Have Just Started

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
Haha actually it's the story of my life. I hate it when women come on to me... makes me feel yucky.

At my age I'm happy if anybody comes on to me! Old, young, straight, gay; to me it means I'm interesting enough for someone, anyone, to try. Of course it's usually old and crazy dog ladies at the dog park, but whatever.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
At my age I'm happy if anybody comes on to me! Old, young, straight, gay; to me it means I'm interesting enough for someone, anyone, to try. Of course it's usually old and crazy dog ladies at the dog park, but whatever.

29 and I get the drunks and ugly guys. Usually when I'm working evening shifts lol.

With the boyfriend I don't even remember who made the first move. I think it was him.

Summer colds suck. All stuffed up and supposed to go to the beach today but all I want to do is lay on the couch and watch movies

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
ReasonableImpureKatydid.gif

First ever planking football goal was scored in German 4th tier. Congratulations.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
http://www.***********/r/IAmA/comme...burke_president_of_you_can_play_and/?sort=top

Some good stuff there

Is it true you read HFBoards proposals and laugh at them with other NHL people? Also do any NHL players you know read the boards? Cause people are relentless there.

[–]BurkieYCP 14 points 57 minutes ago

Yes. When I was with Philly I would sit around with scouts from other teams and say "Ok, according to this we are trading you Giroux for Alex Burrows and a conditional second. I have no idea what it is conditioned on."

edit : r e d d i t

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Could it be too much weight? Also is your technique (grip, posture, breathing, driving the feet when pushing up) the same?

I doubt it. I can go lower with heavier weights on dumbbells than I can with a lighter weight on the bar.

I guess it's possible that I'm able to readjust the grip on the dumbbells on the way down... Other than that, I think my technique is the same in both situations.

Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada
I doubt it. I can go lower with heavier weights on dumbbells than I can with a lighter weight on the bar.

I guess it's possible that I'm able to readjust the grip on the dumbbells on the way down... Other than that, I think my technique is the same in both situations.

Without actually seeing you lift my last question would be when you bench press with the bar do you have someone spot you? The psychological factor of the weight without a safety net is a huge factor when lifting.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Without actually seeing you lift my last question would be when you bench press with the bar do you have someone spot you? The psychological factor of the weight without a safety net is a huge factor when lifting.

No, I don't have anyone spot me, but I have never been able to go all the way down, even when I had someone consistently spotting me. I think I would be able to drop another inch if I had someone spotting me, but still not all the way down.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
Could very well be a shoulder thing. If your shoulders/back are not in the proper place when you start the lift, it places undue stress on the rotator cuff which both hurts it as you increase weight, but also reduces the range of motion.

There's a Youtube video which helped me, which I can't really link due to colourful language. Just search "retract the scapula". The dude is a bit of a goof, but what he has to say is actually very helpful.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Could very well be a shoulder thing. If your shoulders/back are not in the proper place when you start the lift, it places undue stress on the rotator cuff which both hurts it as you increase weight, but also reduces the range of motion.

There's a Youtube video which helped me, which I can't really link due to colourful language. Just search "retract the scapula". The dude is a bit of a goof, but what he has to say is actually very helpful.

I have never heard anyone suggest that before. Gonna try it tomorrow, but I really don't think I've done it up to this point, so this may actually solve it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce