Post-Game Talk: Jets lose to Stars 5-3. Ladd swan song?

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
5-3 Stars

Ladd played well
Armia played well
Wheeler played well
Buff played well
Myers played well
PBS played well
Postma didn't play well
Pavelec didn't play well

White Out 403*

another typical pavs game. terrible goaltender is terrible.

have a nice career andrew, nice knowing ya. you were a decent captain for sure

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Well, fairly entertaining game. Good game from Armia, Ladd, Scheif, Wheels, etc. Our goaltending? Yeah.

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
Meh, just not good enough again. Outcome is actually a lot better than what it could've been.

They got lucky it didn't end 4-1 again :laugh:

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Stars were intentionally shooting wide. At least 2 goals were because of that. Another 2 were very favourable bounces for the Stars. That's the way it crumbles.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Ladd's swan song...

yes-swan.gif

Good:

Wheeler
Buff
Armia

Bad:

Pavelec Mark IV Panzegrupwaggon...

folix

Jul 24, 2011
Game summary, 5 posts, Ladd awesome, Armia continues to shine, buff was amazing, shief Wheeler and Elhers good.

Pretty much jets were good over all, but all that effort undone by Pavs.

Chevy knows Pavs is the key to Matthews!

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
This game was a summary of Ladd's career on the Jets, worked his ass off, produced when needed, let down by the GM not giving the team adequate goatlending.

Don't mind a loss like this where we couldn't catch a break and helps draft position but games like his should be a lesson for the Jets management for next season (who am I kidding they haven’t learned in 5 years, they won't learn now. Expect Chevy to come out in late April and pronounce Pavs the starter for the next season like he has done for 4 years :shakehead )

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
If Ladd had tied it, that would have been an epic swan song.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Stars were intentionally shooting wide. At least 2 goals were because of that. Another 2 were very favourable bounces for the Stars. That's the way it crumbles.

That's how I would play the Jets with Pavelec in net. If you shoot it at the net and Pavs sees it, he will stop it, but shoot it 4 feet wide and he doesn't have a clue where it is.

Zippity

Feb 3, 2013
And the media will have nothing to say bad about Pav again....poor pav is he playing thru an injury?

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Ladd's playing like his old self again, it will be sad to see him go although it is the right thing to do. He'll make a great addition to some other team.

Thought the team actually played well today other than Pavs, if he is announced as starter for next season I will seriously think about selling all of my season tickets because he is awful. I can't believe I got his jersey in the 1st season :shakehead

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Does anyone really think the Stars are Stanley Cup material? I can't see how they get out of the first round. They won't face Pav in the playoffs. They look oretty brutal IMO.

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Probably Armia's best game as a jet.

Upset they called the Wheeler crosscheck when they didn't call the one on the Dallas player after he crosschecked postma for their second goal.

Had the better chances tonight, but Pavelec was just terrible.

Oh and Thanks for the memories Ladd. Wish we could make it work, but we just can't meet your contract demands.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad