Post-Game Talk: Jets lose in OT 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Better effort, same result.
I think the problem is the true contending teams are just that, teams.
The Jets conversely are far too often a group of individuals out on the ice.
When Ehlers goes end to end on a rush like he's the only Jet on the ice its a thing of beauty. The other 19 times it's a turnover.
Didn't check exactly what The shots were but after we were up 10 to the Oilers doubled us up and I think we're near 40 against yet again.
Can read all the posts from those who will say, oh well on to the next one and that is fine except there are fewer and fewer next ones left.
I'll refrain from denigrating who feel everything is right with the team and remain positive this is a mere blip on our way to the Stanley Cup. I wish it were so.

Those who choose to make snide remarks to those posters who have legitimate concerns about the testicular fortitude of this team have been set to ignore.

IMO KFC should be parked in the PB for a bit. If not scoring he's worthless out there. I'd rather see a defensively responsible Kupari in the lineup.

On to the next one against F*ck Vegas.

Ponds

ꮯꭺꭲꭺꮯꮮꭹꮪꮇ!
Nov 2, 2023
Anacita
That game was fun but also wasn't. Glad the Jets didn't go out with tails tucked. The current standard isn't going to cut it though. We'll see what happens, won't we?

This song always cheers me up in a weird way, if you're into that kinda thing.

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Great start but faded hard in the second. We got a couple of goals against the run of play in the third to slavage a point.

Great game by Helle.

Thought the fourth line played well but were shelved in the third by a desperate coach.

Our top line as constructed just can't hang with most other contending teams top units.

Special teams continue stink.

Coaching has a tonne of work to do to get this back on track.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
This team is out of excuses. When we played like ass on the road trip, there was talk about how they were too tired and about how much road trips suck, and about how the other teams are “desperate for points” because they’re fighting for the playoffs.

But now we’re at home and playing against a team that is already firmly in the playoffs and not as desperate, and we have a performance like that?

That said, probably no better game to reference if you want to accuse the NHL of substandard officiating, on both sides, too. There will be much chatter about the final call, but even past that officiating was poopy bum bum. Refs constantly getting in the way of the play for one, and that Ehlers missed tripping call and then 15 seconds later calling him for high-sticking was WWE-levels of officiating incompetence.

Last edited:

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
It's weird for me to see the critique of Ehlers tonight. His give-a-shit was off the charts, whereas I didn't see any of that with the top line. He makes mistakes but he's a net positive out there almost all the time. The double minor sucked but it came right after a blatant missed trip on him.
I thought 27 was excellent tonight.

jetsfan15

Jul 17, 2016
View attachment 842066

Nashville is on a bit of a mission.

We need to win the next two.

Agreed. While I don’t think Nashville’s 16-0-2 is sustainable, they really narrowed the gap. And they’re hot and we’re not. What a turn of events from like… what, a week ago (??) when where we were in “the driver seat” to win the central and now potentially pacing to be a wild card team. What is a bit funny though: if you don’t win the central, the matchups are hard either way and aren’t meaningfully different whether you’re the 2 seed, 3 seed, or a wild card. It’s like you’ll play either Colorado, Dallas, or Vancouver if you don’t finish first in the central. And you’ll then have to play a great team in the second round no matter what your seeding was. I think the West is so tight, the parity is quite something. Thankfully the gap between the Jets and the 9th spot in the west is pretty large lol so a playoff spot isn’t really in jeopardy.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I can't put this on Bones. You need 19 guys trying. We had about 10 tonight.

And yet some of those guys who were got sat the entire third period.

Honestly he needs to have a better pulse on the game sometimes. Barron and Perfetti were playing really well and generated a good many chances and got benched so that the players who were doing not much of anything kept getting trotted out.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
we still own the tie breaker right now, so it's pretty much 5 points back
I'm unclear as to the playoff format. I believe 2 play 3 in each of the Central and Pacific but does the overall best team in the Central/Pacific combined play the 2nd wildcard team regardless of which division the 2nd wildcard team belongs? or does the 1st team in each division play the top wildcard team in their own division? Bottom line is I'm trying to see who the Jets would play if we slide to a wildcard position (which seems quite possible)

Reactions: hn777

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Question for all you sunshine and rainbow guys. Are you worried yet?

Some of us took a lot of shit over asking the hard questions and giving honest observation over the last few weeks and some of us were even told we weren’t real fans and that all is well. When in reality, this team has a ton of warts and maybe, just maybe they are deserving of the ‘fraud’ label they were given. I hope not, but its up to the team to prove that label wrong. And so far they are failing miserably at that.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
It's weird for me to see the critique of Ehlers tonight. His give-a-shit was off the charts, whereas I didn't see any of that with the top line. He makes mistakes but he's a net positive out there almost all the time. The double minor sucked but it came right after a blatant missed trip on him.

I think it's more so where he tends ro turn pucks over that frustrates the hell out of coaches. Still he was very good tonight imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad