Speculation: Jets interested in O'Reilly? UPDATE: CGY Offer sheet COL matches

jetkarma*

Offersheets don't have a very high success rate, for the most part teams will match them. All an offersheet is going to do is make all other 29 GM's mad at you for raising the contract demands of all other RFA's.

That is the point though , Colorado does not want to pay ROR the equivalent of a #1 and # 3 .

pegcity

Feb 9, 2011
Winnipeg
Per Adrian Dater, Denver Post beat writer for the Avs

Quote:
Scouts from the following Eastern NHL teams are at the Avs-Sharks game tonight...

Winnipeg, NY Rangers and Boston. Start your rumors now
Can be found on his Twitter feed.

So that's 3 straight games for the Jets and Rangers and 2 in a row for Boston...perhaps nothing comes from this, or perhaps the opposite, but here's the info.

No need to scout Colorado if only ROR is the only Av in question. Trades are starting in the league , we should stay tuned .

Wowzers. I wonder who they want in return.

A thought:
If we don't trade Burmistrov in this deal, we would basically have 3 future top 2 centres (I know we might not think much of Scheifele, but management does). Unless Burmistrov plays wing.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Yeah I'm not even sure who else on Colorado is available? We can't IMO under any circumstances trade out 1st this year until we know where it is slotted. Other than that, there's not much beyond the guys we have better than ROR that's off the table.

Buff
Enstrom
Bogo
Trouba?

Kane
Wheeler
Ladd
Scheifele?

Other than that anyone could potentially be had.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Moving to the Mid-West division with the Avs likely sinks our ROR trade boat.

That's ok. The more you look at it, the more Little and Burmi provide many of the intangibles that ROR does.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

A thought:
If we don't trade Burmistrov in this deal, we would basically have 3 future top 2 centres (I know we might not think much of Scheifele, but management does). Unless Burmistrov plays wing.

Hard to say if the Jets see Burmistrov long term at center or the wing. He's played mostly at RW over the past number of games. So maybe the Jets run with something like this:

Ladd ROR Wheeler
Kane Scheifele Burmistrov.

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
It would make more sense if the Avs scouts were at the Jets games, as opposed to the Jets scouts be at Avs games.

jetkarma*

A thought:

Scheifele >>> over Burmistrov for me , especially at C . I said from the start of last year that imo Burmistrov is a better W than C , cetainly now imo. He hangs on to the puck too long and doesn't utilize his wingers well enough , is not strong on face offs and imo is better suited to being effective on the wing , certainly right now , again , imo.

jetkarma*

True, or they coukd be working on a deal involving more pieces then just ROR.

Or with Colorados start and performance , someone other than ROR entirely. Sure they are in the mood for changes as they have lanquished for a while.

jetkarma*

St. Louis GM about to be on with RR on 1290 reviewing his watching the Jets.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
St. Louis GM about to be on with RR on 1290 reviewing his watching the Jets.

Interesting. Doubt he reveals anything specific, but if you could pass along the details of the interview I'd really appreciate it. :)

jetkarma*

Interesting. Doubt he reveals anything specific, but if you could pass along the details of the interview I'd really appreciate it. :)

Missed him the first go around , if I catch it on the replay I will update if anything interesting was said.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Hard to say if the Jets see Burmistrov long term at center or the wing. He's played mostly at RW over the past number of games. So maybe the Jets run with something like this:

Ladd ROR Wheeler

Lozenges actually said in his presser today specifically that he "Still sees Butmistrov as a Center." I must have been listening closer than usual.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011

Ladd ROR Wheeler
Pretty sure this is incorrect. Burmi hasnt been taking the faceoffs, but he has been playing center

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Yeah, when Burmistrov and Antropov are on a line together, it's hard to tell who is playing centre and who is playing wing. They're pretty much interchangeable.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I hope this ROR thing ends soon. Why would a team want to give up the assets to get a guy and potentially waste a year of his non-UFA years on a handful of games?

jetkarma*

I hope this ROR thing ends soon. Why would a team want to give up the assets to get a guy and potentially waste a year of his non-UFA years on a handful of games?

Probably has contributed to why he hasn't been moved yet.

Potential trade partners will use that as a reason for their offer and apparently Colorado feels that has little impact on his value.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Scheifele >>> over Burmistrov for me , especially at C . I said from the start of last year that imo Burmistrov is a better W than C , cetainly now imo. He hangs on to the puck too long and doesn't utilize his wingers well enough , is not strong on face offs and imo is better suited to being effective on the wing , certainly right now , again , imo.

I think that weakness on face-offs something that Scheifele has to work on too.

jetkarma*

I think that weakness on face-offs something that Scheifele has to work on too.

He has and has improved but we don't know how he is at the NHL level. The one thing is we all know Scheifele is and will work on his challenges.

PaperRockChamp

Oct 19, 2009
Wpg
If Calgary gets their man, they will have no picks until the 4th round this year.. Ballsy move by the Flames org.

Col will wait the full 7 days to not match, correct? If they're taking compensation, they probably don't want to bolster Calgary's roster for at least a few more games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad