Post-Game Talk: Jets hit break on a good note!

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Well since no one else is, here is the PGT.

We gutted one out tonight. Still a lot to work on but I think this was a solid step forward. 4 and 3 is a good record for how we've played.

JoMo got physically ruffed up a lot tonight but still had a solid game. Trouba was very up and down.

Buff had an excellent game - Toby was good.

Myers and Chariot got roughed up in the shot metric department. We need better from our third pair.

Helle was solid again.

Scheifele and Wheeler continue to fight the puck but still managed to contribute. Connor was excellent, he's easily an NFL player.

Ehlers and Laine both had nice games. Little was pretty quiet.

The bottom six all had good night's imo. They controlled the pick well and generated some nice chances. I liked Lemieix. He brought something to the team tonight and if he can keep this up he's an effective NHL player imo.

5 days of practice now and a lot of work to do. I hope they clean up the breakout and NZ play.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
I thought Brendan Lemiuex played a good game, even got on the third line in the 3rd period.

Hellebuyck looked solid.

Kyle Conner looked good.

Laine can shoot!

Congratulations to Paul Maurice on his 600th win.

tumblr_oscd3mtpnd1u1ljrzo2_500.gif

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Lemieux was good. I thought Foley was the future 4th line LW but I don't know about that any more. Bottom 6 still produce at all, so that needs to change

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
Ye refs disallowing that scheifele goal looked like it pissed that entire line off, they were really good after that. When wheeler goes down for the fist pump celly you know it's real.

Connor so impressive, can't wait for perreault to come back and to have both of them in the lineup and finally a 3rd line as well.

That first Laine goal, my reaction was "ah s*** just out of his reach- oh lmao jk it's Laine." Great play to set it up by Scheifs sneaking it through the wilds players to Wheeler and good cross ice pass to get it to Laine. He's proved multiple times it doesn't have to be a perfect pass, just get it to him fetch the the goalie a box of tissues.

Helle once again solid, maybe wanted that second one back, but odd man rushes are never fair.

We actually looked decent for most of this game, so that's good. even with 4 forwards out, Minnesota is a good defensive team, putting 4 ( really) by dubnyk is never easy, good on them tonight. Deserved win.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Very nice result, but other than some crashing and banging, the bottom six fails to produce again. Well, on the plus side, we're no longer a one line team from 2011. I thought Lemieux had a very good first game, and was very hard and fast on the puck. He even had a couple of takeaways behind the net there, leading to some extended offensive zone time. I tell you, I'd rather have him down there then Brandon Tanev.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Said last year Ehlers is going to be a star and now they're going in for him. He should have 30+ this year easily.

Connor getting some confidence out there and is going to be a top six.

Future with Ehlers, Scheif, Laine, Connor. That's almost not even fair.

Reactions: Hobby Bull

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
As much as everyone has been raging against this team, they are now are 4-3. So they are are under preforming and above 500, just maybe they actually are pretty good?

Agreed, the talent is clearly there. We have a lot of players fighting the puck a bit right now but I think we can start to take over games when things click.

Good news they go into the break in a good position bit know they have a lot to work on. If they clean up some areas like their breakouts and breakins they will start to drive more play imo.

Reactions: DashingDane

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
Yep we seem to be in the twilight zone right now.

Because most people realize the underlying problems still are very real? And judgement reserved for a "pretty good" team until they have a couple games against the better teams.

Not taking anything away from tonights win, but the usual problems were very prevalent again.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
We are 4-3 and 1-0 in the division and everyone agrees we haven't been at our best. So I guess that makes us a contender? No:huh:

Based on talent level we are a contender. I think we were 2nd in one of those "star power" rankings during the summer

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
We are 4-3 and 1-0 in the division and everyone agrees we haven't been at our best. So I guess that makes us a contender? No:huh:
I think a better coach makes us a contender! Tighten this team up and the Jets are great!

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Because most people realize the underlying problems still are very real? And judgement reserved for a "pretty good" team until they have a couple games against the better teams.

Not taking anything away from tonights win, but the usual problems were very prevalent again.
So explain what you saw.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
We are back in the Wild card spot and are keeping pace in our division.

One point back of third and two back of second with a game in hand.

This despite playing pretty poorly for the most part. If they can start really clicking other teams are going to need to watch out.

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Well since no one else is, here is the PGT.

We gutted one out tonight. Still a lot to work on but I think this was a solid step forward. 4 and 3 is a good record for how we've played.

JoMo got physically ruffed up a lot tonight but still had a solid game. Trouba was very up and down.

Buff had an excellent game - Toby was good.

Myers and Chariot got roughed up in the shot metric department. We need better from our third pair.

Helle was solid again.

Scheifele and Wheeler continue to fight the puck but still managed to contribute. Connor was excellent, he's easily an NFL player.

Ehlers and Laine both had nice games. Little was pretty quiet.

The bottom six all had good night's imo. They controlled the pick well and generated some nice chances. I liked Lemieix. He brought something to the team tonight and if he can keep this up he's an effective NHL player imo.

5 days of practice now and a lot of work to do. I hope they clean up the breakout and NZ play.
Wait...I thought we supposed to trade 80% of the team and send PoMo to a gulag in Siberia.
We won!?!? Was that 4 of 5? Fail!
Gulash for...err GULAG for everyone!!1!!11
Irkutsk for everyone! (Risk for the win!)

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
That is the Kyle Connor I was expecting at the start of the season. That was an insane backhand sauce to Wheels but as I said in the GDT he had a few critical backchecks that thwarted odd man rushes and that will get him in the good graces with NHL coaches.

My gamecentre crapped out for the second period but I thought Buff looked good. He took appropriate risk and was ok in his own end and pretty dangerous attacking.

Laine feeling it which should appease his ultras. I know I was jacked to see him blasting away. His line played well for the most part and he seemed to get lots of shot attempts.

Was Stewart’s play not boarding on Morrissey that led to the Wilds first goal? Looked like a hit from behind to me at least?

A better effort tonight all be it against a depleted Wild team but either way it was a step in the right direction.

A win is a win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad