Confirmed with Link: Jets Hire Rick Bowness as the next head coach, Arniel Associate, Assistants Brad Lauer, Marty Johnston

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I wasn't happy with his systems in Dallas. Even when they went to the WCF, I was left wanting with the talent that they had available. It's not a great hire.

This year I'd argue he had absolutely nothing to work with and getting to the playoffs was an accomplishment in and of itself.

That said, you could argue he didn't get the most out of Seguin and Benn this year maybe. They also got there on the back of a lot of loser points.

EnglishJet

Jul 18, 2014
Nova Scotia
The problem with the public chasing of Trotz was that now everyone—inside and outside the organization—knows Bowness is second choice.

This feels uninspired but I think anyone was going to after thinking we had Trotz. I won’t judge til I see what he does, but I’m finding it hard to get too excited.

Reactions: sipowicz

Fishy

May 14, 2016
Winterpeg

nope-out.gif

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
He coached the Jets back in the late 80’s albeit a short one.

I mean he’s a good assistant coach, he works well with the defense…but head coach? It is what it is..

The Unknown Poster

Mar 21, 2014
The problem with the public chasing of Trotz was that now everyone—inside and outside the organization—knows Bowness is second choice.

This feels uninspired but I think anyone was going to after thinking we had Trotz. I won’t judge til I see what he does, but I’m finding it hard to get too excited.
Second choice? I think he was their fourth choice at best lol

Hey folks get your season tickets before they’re gone! Hahahaha

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
I am happy today, partly because of who we didn’t hire. I think the Jets did the best they could under the circumstances but it feels short term to me.
A terrific strategy from management. Throw out some of the worst possible coaching names out there so when an old, tired, Winnipeg connected coach is the eventual hire, it only makes you feel empty inside rather than filled with violent rage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad