GDT: Jets @ Hawks 8pm Nbc sports chicago 12/27/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Ugly advanced stats...Hawks Corsi For%= 33.04%...Jets 66.96%

Hawks expected goals for (xGF)= 1.13;Jets =3.59

High Danger Chances: Hawks =6;Jets =12

Mrazek stopsc39/49 shots + Jets hitv5 posts...

Hawks blew 2 open net chances on setups cross ice to just outside crease.. Onexwas rge Bedard set-uo for Kurashev who failed to finish ..and I cannotvrecalk thevotgervibstance..but competent players given open nets to shoot at with goalie not in oisition would not fail...but Hawks lack enough competents..(Kurashev also blew his break-away chance...failed to finish..

Jets had many slot shots hat missed the net and so notveven reflected in gaudy shotsvon goal totalsvpfv40 for them..

This is a clasic goalie by Mrazek ...stoke a pintvthen kep Hawks in it on the 3x3 inOT till Bedard won it.

The Good: Hawks win.

The Bad:Hawks win and gain 2 points on last place SJ.
.who are losing to L A. 3-1 as I started typing this post.

Last edited:

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
For all those complaining about the refs, you better buckle up. There's an officiating shortage across North America. And the people they get to officiate are mostly terrible. Might be seeing some of the guys I know that ref at Johnny's in the NHL at some point. It's that bad.

Tripping?!?!?

For all those complaining about the refs, you better buckle up. There's an officiating shortage across North America. And the people they get to officiate are mostly terrible. Might be seeing some of the guys I know that ref at Johnny's in the NHL at some point. It's that bad.

Tripping?!?!?!
Two of my kids ref. Last number I hear, IHOA (Ill hockey officiating assoc) is down like 350 refs

So many hotbpists.
I read that like Gaffigan saying ‘hot pocket’

Reactions: ChiHawks10

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Two of my kids ref. Last number I hear, IHOA (Ill hockey officiating assoc) is down like 350 refs
Same issue across all other sports as well. Who wants to make relatively little money and have crazy people threatening to beat you up because they think you hate their team. Most people say “not worth it”

emeyezee

Jul 1, 2015
Same issue across all other sports as well. Who wants to make relatively little money and have crazy people threatening to beat you up because they think you hate their team. Most people say “not worth it”
I was about to say something similar. It’s a big problem across all sports. I’m as guilty as the next guy giving some casual boos and normal complaints, but some people take it way too far and become borderline abusive. At ALL levels. I get secondhand embarrassment just watching refs/umpires get screamed at by parents of 10 year old soccer and baseball players.

Reactions: Mrfenn92 and Pez68

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Good news iscthat Ottawa and Anaheim both won...so no gain on them...but SJ lost...so we are 2 points above last place now.But we all know that movevup teams are morality to win than tge last place finisher is likely to hold position...Despite what the odds are ,I am more confident in Hawks moving up to 1stcFter limits if we are 2ndvor 4th pre-looto...I woukd not bet the farm on a #3winning 2 consecutive lottos.

It is just the way the universe operates....

vegarover

Sep 1, 2015
I'm happy the Hawks/Bedard won in OT, don't get me wrong. But WTF was Scheifele doing on that play? He was a few feet from Bedard that entire rush but made zero effort to try to defend him.

Rooh

GENERATIONAL TANK COMMANDER
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2017

Soak it in.

Bedard and Celebrini next season

1991-0612-michael-jordan-scottie-pippen-001304183jpg.jpg

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
What would this team record be without Mrazek? I mean wow he has been fantastic all season
I think it more liekley we extend him for 2 years around the deadline. maybe something like 4 X 2? my guess is we dont extend anyone until closer to the deadline on the off chance somebody makes a offer we cant refuse.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
also in the 3 period and overtime I thought reichel did some nice things and created some pretty solid scoring chances. as well as AB. thou he wiffed on a rechel OT feed that was a sure goals.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
I think it more liekley we extend him for 2 years around the deadline. maybe something like 4 X 2? my guess is we dont extend anyone until closer to the deadline on the off chance somebody makes a offer we cant refuse.
I agree, we need to keep him for a few years unless its an offer we can’t refuse. Goalies can go a long time, we don’t know what we have from youngsters (except for Soderblom who doesn’t look like an NHL goalie). A young goalie with promise can share duties with Mrazek for a few seasons.

Reactions: Mrfenn92
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad